goodfella

Magnets For Money Clips?

looking for strong magnets for money clips?????

any help would be great thanks

Have you tried http://www.tandyleatherfactory.ca/en-cad/search/searchresults/1241-00.aspx for Tandy's money clip? I picked up one a while ago just to see how good it was. Hard to pry apart with nothing between them. Haven't used them yet so don't know how effective they are with a couple pieces of leather between them, plus a wad of bills.

Tom

I use the magnets from Tandy, you can also get them from Springfield leather. they work great. they have 2 metal plates use them against the leather and the magnets sticking to them. the plates seem to act as a barrior that helps prevent the magnets from attracting things to stick from the outside of your project.

Edited by Sturme

I use the Tandy ones as well, they work great and are super strong.

Chief

Try www.supermagnetman.com and search the site for many unusual and great magnets. I have purchased from them and another magnet supplier whose name has slipped away, at the moment. Will send later.

God Bless.

Ray

Just a thought here, but don't you have to worry about magnets and credit cards

I'd be worried about someone getting their card info corrupted when they tuck it in with their cash

I nuked a few magnetic hotel keys last weekend with my phone...oops

Just a thought here, but don't you have to worry about magnets and credit cards

I'd be worried about someone getting their card info corrupted when they tuck it in with their cash

I nuked a few magnetic hotel keys last weekend with my phone...oops

I am tactfully impaired, so I don't mean to sound cocky or anything with this. Money clips are put in your front pants pockets, well away from your wallet in general. you should never use a money clip to secure a credit card, it will wipe it. if you carry a credit card in your from pants pocket, make sure to use the other pocket away from a magnet money clip.

Ok, but If you search LEATHER money clips for design ideas, like I did, you will find most have credit card pockets.

That is why I asked so makers can warn folks of keeping their credit card away if a magnet is present

post-23986-0-10078500-1376197946_thumb.j

Edited by WScott

Good day

I did a few project using magnets, the one one I purchase was a round one at $4.99 each so with tax I was over $10.00 already, so I was thinking where can I gets good strong and for a cheap price. Two weeks later I was at work and they were removing hard drive from some computer and they need to be destroy so inside the hard drive you have 4 very strong magnets so I pick up about 25 of them. I use them on saddle bag to keep the lid close work like a charm. The price was right "FREE" I will never buy magnets again.

If you need some PM me and I will send you a few.

Good luck

Rock