Elton Joorisity

Get out the SUNGLASSES

Clayton_01.JPGClayton_02.JPGBuilt these for a friend of mine. They are undoubtedly THE brightest color I have ever used!! The body is Hide House's 4/5 oz Emerald Green, the fringe is metallic silver and the overlays are black(as I'm sure you can tell) B)Clayton_04.JPGClayton_05.JPGHere's two more. SORRY about the SIZE!!!!

post-3534-1202614585_thumb.jpg

post-3534-1202614614_thumb.jpg

post-3534-1202614742_thumb.jpg

post-3534-1202614772_thumb.jpg

I wear those ever freakin where i went. WallyWorld, church, courthouse, you name it.

Do those come with a matching wrestling mask ?? they should and i'de wear that too.

Nicely done, I freakin LOVE"EM !!!!

They are definately flashy and I bet that's how they are supposed to be. I too love the floral carving, you did an awesome job on that.

I have to openly admit that I saw that flower on a pair of chaps that Ty Skiver had built and fell in love with it!!

Elton, these sure are fancy. You said you made nice rodeo chaps. I thought nothing like this. This is really nice workmanship. Way to go buddy.

bob

WOW!! You could herd cattle with those just by walking into the field and scaring them to the other direction. Those are wild. Nice job. I am a little disturbed by freak's admission though....church and city hall?

Holy Schmoly! All that's missing is a little arena dust and manure!

Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell

Simmer Down! Oh you to hot so; Simmer Down!
Bob Marley - Simmer Down

Those are very nice. I look at em and just keep finding new things. Filligree with metallic behind, very cool. That should be one happy rodeo cowboy.

KK

Those are really cool! I love green especially flourescent, neon eyeball frying green. Great job.

Very nice work! I have struggled with the method to attach the leg closure straps- can you show or explain the method you have used here? Great craftsmanship!

Elton,

Very cool. I like the pattern too. Nice workmanship, and those will light up an arena for sure.

wow - those are really cool..love the crazy color and the craftsmanship is killer...

really different..thanks for sharing...love the big pics - lets you really see what your up to!

got a question though, ive never used buckles on chaps - always zippers.....ever have any comfort complaints?

steveb

EJ, I applaud your attention to detail. Rolling your edges, and scroll work even in the back, very pro. Your friend shouldn't have any trouble getting good rides cause the rough stock wont know which way to turn with those things popping up from either side. Well done. :notworthy:

Busted, only you would notice a flying eyeball, I didn't see it til you mentioned it. Shows what side of my brain I don't think with. Guess that's why I'm a frustrated arteesta. :lol:

Steveb, buckels are on the outside of the thigh, no complaints. Zippers would bust with the action these guys give them, my 2cents :thumbsup: GH

Edited by Hidemechanic

First of all I need to thank everyone for the compliments. I started building chaps at an early age. ( I was 5 or 6 and I used scraps to build chaps for my younger sister's Barbie)

As for Steve B's question; I have only built a few pair WITH zippers. I have never had complaints about leg straps, this is the norm for this style and for chinks as well.

Alan Bell; they probably would have gotten a little arena dirt and manure today had our stock contractor not pulled the pin for practise this afternoon.

Thanks again everyone. :thankyou:

First of all I need to thank everyone for the compliments. I started building chaps at an early age. ( I was 5 or 6 and I used scraps to build chaps for my younger sister's Barbie)

As for Steve B's question; I have only built a few pair WITH zippers. I have never had complaints about leg straps, this is the norm for this style and for chinks as well.

thanks for the response Elton, I am ahh, not too familiar with horse gear...obviously!

Chaps in my small world are usually, black, dirty, greasy and flapping in a 80-mph breeze

steveb

Hey Bob,

I made this pair for Dusty's son. It's the second pair I've made for him.

They are really nice. I'd be so proud...not sure I'd even use them. lol They look great.

Those are definite show stoppers!

He'd better not tap off a dink or you will have them back in the shop for sale tomorrow! I rode at Cal Poly,San Luis Obispo but not well enough to sport that pair. For you golfers-Payne Stewart used to get ribbed about the plus fours(knickers) until they say him tee it up!

pete

And now we know what became of poor old Kermit the Frog......

Very nice work, and a reminder to step outside 'the box' when we do our work.

Excellent work and detail. I have been wanting to try a filagree like this but have not got bold enough yet. Do you have a web page or something with other work?

Mine is www.prorodeooriginals.com

Dink

I have a domain name but we haven't had time to get at the site building part just yet. Thanks for the compliments.

Excellent work and detail. I have been wanting to try a filagree like this but have not got bold enough yet. Do you have a web page or something with other work?

Mine is www.prorodeooriginals.com

Dink