Sign in to follow this  
Desiree

Greetings from PA

Hi everyone,

I just joined and am still getting myself oriented. It's great to finally find somewhere with so much information and inspiration for leathercrafters as it seems like good resources are few and far between.

Although I've only been working with leather for about two years, I'm a lifelong visual artist and approach leatherwork as another means of creative expression: something between drawing, painting, and sculpture. While I was initially interested in leather because I wanted to make life-sized, wearable masks, I have been sidetracked by leather carving which I really enjoy. I do hope one day to still get into mask-making, but for right now the carving aspect has been keeping me well-occupied ;) One day I was lucky enough to stumble upon a whole set of stamps and tools at a local antique store and my journey officially began. Right now I specialize in jewelry with leather components including necklaces and cuff bracelets, but I'd love to foray into making bags and purses (more carving area). For my crafty endeavors, I work under the name Phée Adornments. You can see some of my work by clicking in the links in my signature.

Outside of leathercraft I also enjoy bellydancing (both American Tribal Style & American Cabaret), reading, and playing Native American style flutes and other instruments.

Welcome, Desiree. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw Bucks County! I'm from Levittown, and was feeling I was the only leatherworker this side of the Susquehanna. Again, Welcome, and be careful, this site is addicting.

Welcome, Desiree. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw Bucks County! I'm from Levittown, and was feeling I was the only leatherworker this side of the Susquehanna. Again, Welcome, and be careful, this site is addicting.

Pleased to meet you Timd! If it weren't for visiting the Tandy store in Allentown, I probably would never have realized that there are other leatherworkers in the region, but apparently there are :D