splinters

Faq For Leatherworker Forum

I've been trying to find an FAQ for the Leatherworker forum but have not been successful. If there is one were do I find it?

Questions like why can't I cut and paste to a thread or why the quote button only works sometimes?

The above does not mean I'm not enjoying the forum. I'm finding it very helpful and with a lot of talented, friendly folks. A big thumbs up.

Thanks

Edited by splinters

I haven't heard of a FAQ portion of the forum. What is great about this forum is just pop in and ask away. But be careful.....you might get a 1000 answers to one question. Good luck~

I've been trying to find an FAQ for the Leatherworker forum but have not been successful. If there is one were do I find it?

Questions like why can't I cut and paste to a thread or why the quote button only works sometimes?

The above does not mean I'm not enjoying the forum. I'm finding it very helpful and with a lot of talented, friendly folks. A big thumbs up.

Thanks

This is a test from an iPad to see if I can copy and paste from the Notes app to this thread. (Worked) I was also able to use the quote function as you can see above. Interesting in that on the PC which is running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 I can't get either to work.

So, if I want to copy and paste or use the 'Quote' function I'll use the iPad.

Thank's King's X for your reply.

Edited by splinters

This is a test from an iPad to see if I can copy and paste from the Notes app to this thread. (Worked) I was also able to use the quote function as you can see above. Interesting in that on the PC which is running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 I can't get either to work.

So, if I want to copy and paste or use the 'Quote' function I'll use the iPad.

Thank's King's X for your reply.

Something wrong in your browser setup. I use Win 7, Win XP, and the iPad. No trouble using copy and paste, or the quote function. I usually use Firefox as the Windows browser.

Tom

Thanks Tom. Interesting. After using the iPad and Safari I have started to wonder if Windows Explorer is the culprit over here, here being the PC.

Edited by splinters

I'm a member of a number of other forums and don't run into the issue. Still head scratching over that......?

It took me a while to find the very discrete "Help" link at the very bottom of the pages. (When viewed on a PC. Don't know about small screen devices.)

It leads to this page, from where you can find the help about the forum.

I don't think it's sufficiently informative though, since I've already found the hard way that this forum have many unmentioned limitations regarding for example the ability/allowance to edit posts and show images.

Thanks Tom. Interesting. After using the iPad and Safari I have started to wonder if Windows Explorer is the culprit over here, here being the PC.

The only thing Explorer has been good at for years is collecting toolbars.

Get Firefox, or chrome if you have too. Explorer is junk. The add-on support for firefox is really good.

Likely there is some script blocking in the background that explorer or windows defender is doing to "keep you safe" that is breaking the site.