Sign in to follow this  
joker

New Solo And Dash

Just finished up this solo seat and dash panel for a couple of customers.

Thanks

Joker

DSCI0582.jpg

DSCI0587.jpg

DSCI0591.jpg

Edited by joker

Very nice! Looking at the seats you do gives me the motivation and inspiration to rip mine off and re do it! How did you get that nice gray? Is it acrylic?

Just finished up this solo seat and dash panel for a couple of customers.

Thanks

Joker

DSCI0582.jpg

DSCI0587.jpg

DSCI0591.jpg

Nice work mate, nuff said, well almost!! i do like Dragons and Celtic so for me its a winner, 2 things how do you finish the top and bottom leathers stitch em that is and are you going for the world's thinnest seat, hey realy nice work,

Regards, Steve.

Nice work mate, nuff said, well almost!! i do like Dragons and Celtic so for me its a winner, 2 things how do you finish the top and bottom leathers stitch em that is and are you going for the world's thinnest seat, hey realy nice work,

Regards, Steve.

All my stiching is by hand, I dont have a machine. I mold the leather to the bottom and secure it with doubleside tape. Then I mold the top over 1/2" foam and let it dry. the take off both and clamp them back together and use a 4 prong flat punch to punch the holes. Then I use a saddle stich and wax thread. Most of my seats only have about 1/2" of padding in them. These solos mainly get the suspension from the springs. I have done alot of them with no padding at all, just leather on top of the pan.

Thanks for the kutos!

Joker

Very nice! Looking at the seats you do gives me the motivation and inspiration to rip mine off and re do it! How did you get that nice gray? Is it acrylic?

Thanks for the kutos! Ya its a mixture. I used the white Tandy acrylic and mixed in just a drop or two of black acrylic and then thin it down for better penatration. It has worked well before for me.

Thanks

Joker

nice job they turned out great