Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Another From Dfw

Thought I should say hello. I've spent the last several days reading posts and looking at yall's beautiful work. I am wanting to get better at carving. My main interest is western floral but can't help but notice you guys doing the biker gear and seats do very nice work. The tatoo style art is very impressive.

Howdy from Texas and I look forward to learning from all of you.

Howdy MDC

Welcome to the best leather site on the internet IMHO. Look forward to seeing some of your stuff on here. How long have you been tooling?

Pounder

Thanks Pounder. I have just recently picked it back up in about the last 8-9 months. I needed a new belt.

When I was a kid, my dad made a few sheaths for a guy that made knives. Back then I had neither the strength or paitence but it has always been something I would tinker with. About 15 years ago I made a ranger belt from one of the Tandy kits. My son really liked it so I made him one. He was very proud of it and I ended up making four more for his classmates after he showed it off. For my son's and the other four, I bought a strap cutter and cut all my own pieces instead of using the kits. This is also when I learned about edge bevelers, stitch wheels and groovers, burnishing etc.and also did some pretty bad basket weave and border stamping.

The best projects I have made have been my most recent belt and a sheath. Aside from them, I"ll refrain from posting pics, the Mods would probably delete them.

024.jpg

025-1.jpg