RiverCity

Sheridan Themed Case

First case I have done carved more than logos etc.

b3bca3e1-94c5-4caa-b106-b097038d260b_zps6e19be6d.jpg

4c2c23fb-7610-4fbc-a330-11c5896d5fc5_zps1c97fb9a.jpg

floralcase018_zpsa9ed4895.jpg

floralcase017_zps0936a32c.jpg

floralcase012_zpsa0cf637d.jpg

IMG_0031_zps88d26298.jpg

floralcase019_zps4369522b.jpg

floralcase015_zpsa4edefbe.jpg

floralcase014_zps61e4b114.jpg

floralcase013_zps8a61c13e.jpg

Chuck

Exquisite!

That's a stunning case. Well made and great tooling, so much detail to look at!

Beautiful in look, design and execution.

WOW! all I can say is wow. The level of design, detail and the execution are amazing. I am not sure if the fact that this is your first case is inspiring or depressing. Thank you for sharing.

Wow, what a nice bag. Looks awesome! I am looking forward to that day, I might be capable of sth like that ;)

Wow! It's marvellous!

That is a beautiful case.

Thanks for the kind words everybody, I'm still trying to get a usable pattern drawn for a fully tooled case. I've been working on that drawing for months..... Not enough erasers in the house to finish it yet.... :)

Chuck

Man -O- Man River City

This is really beautiful, end to end total craftsmanship, just a thing of beauty !

Chuck,

First I want to say that you do amazing work. Your tooling is top notch.

I have one critique to interject that sucked my eye right in. Your angle on the basket weave chages throughout the case. Some of it is tipped down to the right, some to the left. The angle tipped up (or down) also changed througout the case.

If you are OK with this issue, forget what I said. To me, the changing angles make it look like it was factory produced by differant toolers.

Aaron

Chuck,

First I want to say that you do amazing work. Your tooling is top notch.

I have one critique to interject that sucked my eye right in. Your angle on the basket weave chages throughout the case. Some of it is tipped down to the right, some to the left. The angle tipped up (or down) also changed througout the case.

If you are OK with this issue, forget what I said. To me, the changing angles make it look like it was factory produced by differant toolers.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron!

The angle itself is 45 deg to the edges, with a witness line scribed on with a 45-90 triangle. I actually changed the pocket weaves direction from the lid and backstrap so that it wouldn't look factory made...... Lol

Chuck

Great work and design as I see it! any chance you would consider a tutorial at some point? I know tuts are not that popular on this site which is in some ways a shame.. Yes. I also know tuts take plenty of time in the planning!

Never thought about it. I might come up with something on general case making, as I do the cue cases for a living.

Would something covering how to make a case to fit object "x" be of any benefit?

Chuck

Amazing work everything looks perfect love the color contrast. I would live to make a case close to this for my fly fishing rod. A tutorial of how you achieve this would be awsome.

Absolutely beautiful

Yes, the general case making support would work for me.. Thanks! Keith aka deserttguy