jarrydparr

New Comer To The Beautiful Craft And Wanting Some Help For A Wrestling Belt

G'day all from down under in Australia!!

My name is Jarryd and I have always been fascinated by the leather craft , but never had a reason to start.

But know I do which I'm so excited by !!!

I'm looking to make a professional wrestling belt strap out of leather . My brother is a die hard fan of the WWE and I really can't afford to get his belt re leather . So I thought it would be fun to do it myself for his Xmas present .

So I guess I just need help and technique advise on how to cut the leather and seal the edges stitch it together what tools I need all that stuff so I can make it a one off special present for him . I have attached a picture of the belt that he has that I want to make a leather strap to . So all the advise on how to make it and all that would be great .

Thank you all in advance post-46653-0-48732400-1383721558_thumb.jpost-46653-0-67902800-1383721571_thumb.jpost-46653-0-84427300-1383721597_thumb.j

Hi,

Looking at what you want to build, you'll need something to cut your leather (an xacto or a utility knife will do good), some round punches to pierce the leather where you will have the snaps and where your metal parts are attached to the belt, an awl and two needles to saddle stitch the contour (you can lookup on this forum, there are plenty of good posts about hand stitching) and some thread (my preference goes to waxed linen but any synthetic equivalent would be ok). You will also need a tool to set the snap buttons. However i don't know where you can find the WWE metal parts.

EDIT : I forgot to mention a stitching wheel to trace your stitch line.

But what you will need the most is patience. take your time, work a LOT on paper on scale 1:1 as it costs nothing (it is better to ruin a large piece of paper than a large piece of leather).

Welcome to leather-crafting and enjoy you first project !

Edited by Thornale