gregd

When You Have Cancer...

When you have cancer you get needles almost without thinking about them . All the tests and stuff they make you do can make you feel pretty depressed alot of the time. They even gave me depression medicine. It can get a little nervewracking to say the least. The other day I posted a request for a little help. I was'nt really sure what to expect ,but in my position it was either sink or swim so I asked for help. I used to drive a semi truck for a living but when I got the cancer I lost that .So money has been real tight to say the least. Thats why I asked for help. This fella from Ohio responded in a BIG WAY .His name is Ferg . I've never met him before but I hope to soon He sent me tools and leather and books . He went above and beyond in a real big way . Sometimes with all the chemo treatments and my upcoming bone-marrow transplant and financial collapse brought on by the cancer , I get more than a little depressed. It's people like Ferg that keep me going. Sometimes when things get bad I'll do about anything to ease my frustration. Sometimes it seems pretty hopeless. Ferg gave me a fill-up on hope. To just say Thank you aint really enough. Its like putting a Chevette motor in a Caddilac. It just aint enough. If you see Ferg tell him Greg said thanks... In a caddilac kinda way.

Here's wishing you strength and stamina.

Make things for people you love.

Besides being good practice for later when you're recovered,

it'll be good for your heart and your soul.

God Bless,

Paul

Keep your spirits up, and keep plugging away at kicking that cancer's ass!!! If you need some real good personal instruction, you might want to look into the Central Indiana Leathercrafter's Guild in Indianapolis. I know it's a bit of a drive from Muncie down there, but if you can make it to one of their meetings, I know you won't forget it!!! They are a great bunch of folks there. I looked on this forum's site, but couldn't find any address or contact info for them, though I'm sure it's got to be here somewhere!! If I remember correctly, they have their won website, so you should be able to Google it. You could also check at the Tandy store in Indy to see when their classes are held. I also know of a lady who lives in Portland who used to teach leathercraft, and who is a master, and Al Stholman Award holder. If I can find her address & phone number (I have here somewhere safe, so I probably can't find it), I'll contact her and see if she can help you. If I find out something, I'll contact you with the info.