Dangerous Beans

Tiger Thread In The U.s. At Windmill English Saddle Supply.

Good morning folks, still in the silly season so not had much time for posts, but I thought this was important.

I've been told that there is a supplier of Tiger Thread and John James Needles in the US.

Windmill English Saddle Supply,7186 Dewey Rd., Thompson, Ohio Zip code 44086 Phone number - (404)-298-3018.

If you give it a try, can you let us know how you get on and what they have on offer?

Nige

Edited by Dangerous Beans

phone number is actually 1-440-298-3018

Is the 1mm thickness comparable to the Tandy braided polyester cord or will i have to go thicker? I have a caliper and it looks like, when laid flat side down on the table, the tandy stuff measures 1.2-1.3mm.

Not much of a site unless you want DVD's and books on saddle making. ?????

ferg

I have a few rolls of the 1mm I bought direct from Abby England. It ended up being around $32.00 a roll with shipping and all. Actually received it 3 days after ordering. I have been using the Tandy stuff which I believe is 1.2 and the 1mm Tiger thread I cant tell much difference in size in my opinion.The Tiger thread is definitely 10 times the quality and is a dream to sew with. And note .2 mm is just short of .008 thousandths of an inch. Which is just over the thickness of 1 human hair.

Edited by tonymcvay

How many did you buy in order for them to come out to $32 a roll?

There's another supplier through 'Etsy' that has 50M samples and 500M spools.

https://www.etsy.com...hop_home_active

Price seems good.

Funny he's got the same profile pic as you in here :)

But yeah, the prices seems definitely better than the other suppliers on Etsy which are charging 10$ for 20 M.

Funny he's got the same profile pic as you in here :)

But yeah, the prices seems definitely better than the other suppliers on Etsy which are charging 10$ for 20 M.

Busted.

Is the 1mm thickness comparable to the Tandy braided polyester cord or will i have to go thicker? I have a caliper and it looks like, when laid flat side down on the table, the tandy stuff measures 1.2-1.3mm.