Sign in to follow this  
trastu

three-legged stool leather

please, you know where to find patterns to make three-legged stool leather. what interests me is to know how they joined the legs. thank you very much. 20hpr4g.jpg

stool_with_leather_embroidered_seat_zoom.jpg

post-6693-1221657738_thumb.jpg

In the tandy kits, anyway, there was a special 'tri bolt' that was used to fasten the legs together. People have made their own with 3 eyebolts, either bolted together, or welded together. Only problem is that the hole position in each leg is drilled to a different height; therefore, you cannot interchange the legs.

russ

Here you go Trastu - I just had a batch of these tribolts made by a local metalworker - cost was about $6.50 each including materials and delivery.

It is probably easiest to copy the picture and take it with you to the blacksmith. Just tell the guy each leg needs to be 40mm or slightly less than 2 inches… Note: Each threaded ‘leg’ needs to be big enough to go right through a thick bit of broomstick.

Broomstick legs should be about 24" long drilled halfway down to take tribolt. Make your leather 'cap' to whatever size you feel fits best. This is my pattern which you are welcome to copy if you choose.

tribolt.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

IMG_5507.jpg

post-6314-1221676571_thumb.jpg

post-6314-1221676699_thumb.jpg

post-6314-1221676715_thumb.jpg

In the tandy kits, anyway, there was a special 'tri bolt' that was used to fasten the legs together. People have made their own with 3 eyebolts, either bolted together, or welded together. Only problem is that the hole position in each leg is drilled to a different height; therefore, you cannot interchange the legs.russ
Thank you very much for the answer. A Greetings from ASTURIAS

Here you go Trastu - I just had a batch of these tribolts made by a local metalworker - cost was about $6.50 each including materials and delivery. It is probably easiest to copy the picture and take it with you to the blacksmith. Just tell the guy each leg needs to be 40mm or slightly less than 2 inches… Note: Each threaded 'leg' needs to be big enough to go right through a thick bit of broomstick. Broomstick legs should be about 24" long drilled halfway down to take tribolt. Make your leather 'cap' to whatever size you feel fits best. This is my pattern which you are welcome to copy if you choose.

Thank you very much for the answer, I find it very helpful. Was exactly what interests me. A Greetings from ASTURIAS

Here you go Trastu - I just had a batch of these tribolts made by a local metalworker - cost was about $6.50 each including materials and delivery.

It is probably easiest to copy the picture and take it with you to the blacksmith. Just tell the guy each leg needs to be 40mm or slightly less than 2 inches… Note: Each threaded 'leg' needs to be big enough to go right through a thick bit of broomstick.

Broomstick legs should be about 24" long drilled halfway down to take tribolt. Make your leather 'cap' to whatever size you feel fits best. This is my pattern which you are welcome to copy if you choose.

Ray, what diameter are these bolts?

Tony

Ray, what diameter are these bolts?

Tony

hey Tony

I have a 3 legged stool and the bolts are 6 mm dia.( ~1/4") Make sure the weld is OK ! It hurts to hit the ground on your back! A painful experience ! :-)

hey Tony

I have a 3 legged stool and the bolts are 6 mm dia.( ~1/4") Make sure the weld is OK ! It hurts to hit the ground on your back! A painful experience ! :-)

Total agreement - my bolts are also 6mm and I'd also advise checking those welds every time.

I originally wanted to do them with polished brass bolts until I found out how much they would cost to make...