dickf

Sig 1911 Mold - Does It Exist?

Looking for a mold for a railed Sig 1911. I know there are people making holsters for them, so what molds are they using?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:cheers:

Looking for a mold for a railed Sig 1911. I know there are people making holsters for them, so what molds are they using?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:17:. Was really hoping for something other than Duncan's aluminum guns, but so far, no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.Springfield Operator

Thanks!

Not sure how close it is but the Springfield Operator is close because I have made a holster and used it, if I have the right Sig in mind. The customer was happy with it but not really sure how close of a mold your wanting on the holster. Here is the mold I am talking about Springfield Operator

Edited by RMB Custom Leather

Not sure how close it is but the Springfield Operator is close because I have made a holster and used it, if I have the right Sig in mind. The customer was happy with it but not really sure how close of a mold your wanting on the holster. Here is the mold I am talking about Springfield Operator

RMB, the slide is more squared at the top than a traditional 1911, and I'm not sure if there is a standard with the rail.

I guess if there's no other option, I'll spring for the Ring's model of the SA. Do you have it in c&l?

By the way, your site shows the wrong item # on that gun.

Thanks!

post-6346-011210700 1336269282_thumb.png

I would also be interested in finding something for this. I have been asked to make one for a sig platinum and it is more squared.

RMB, the slide is more squared at the top than a traditional 1911, and I'm not sure if there is a standard with the rail.

I guess if there's no other option, I'll spring for the Ring's model of the SA. Do you have it in c&l?

By the way, your site shows the wrong item # on that gun.

Thanks!

post-6346-011210700 1336269282_thumb.png

Yes here is the C/L http://www.rmbcl.com/item-32087-blue-gun-fspx9105mlcl-springfield-operator-cocked-locked-5/ . Actually the product at the top of the page is some type of page slider of the product before and after the one showing, I am not a fan of that and have removed it once but it now has shown up again after an update.

I've been trying to find one of the 5" Sig 1911's for almost a year now with no luck.... and now I'm getting requests for the 4" model too.... either Ring's or Duncan's is seriously missing out by not having these.....

I will pass this model onto Blueguns for you.

Also, if enough of us are looking for this one maybe duncan's will make a run of it.

I ended up buying a Sig 4.25" with rail and a 5" without rail. I can swap the slides and frames around for the purpose of making holsters for both lengths and rail combinations. I do wish Ring's would add all the Sig 1911 variations to their offerings. Investing in the actual guns gets very expensive. The Sig 1911 is extremely popular.

Wanted to thank everyone who chimed in. Steven, I sent some business your way.

Like this?

siggsr.jpg

I had offered a free holster on a local forum to anyone who had a GSR I could use as a mold for an order I had. Turns out one guy that volunteered was a mold maker by profession so he made me a couple. I modified one to be a commander and another to be the commander w/o a rail.

I've considered having more made to sell if there is enough interest, but I think they might be kind of pricey at about $50.

I would take one of each if you get enough interest to do it.

Big River... You need to keep that guys number handy! He did a fantastic job from what I can see from the pictures. Having someone around who can make you molds like that should seriously improve your ability to keep pace with the firearms market. That's and advantage that few custom holster maker shops have. Good on you!

-Tac

Like this?

siggsr.jpg

I had offered a free holster on a local forum to anyone who had a GSR I could use as a mold for an order I had. Turns out one guy that volunteered was a mold maker by profession so he made me a couple. I modified one to be a commander and another to be the commander w/o a rail.

I've considered having more made to sell if there is enough interest, but I think they might be kind of pricey at about $50.

I'd definitely be interested in one each of the commander and a 5"

Like this?

siggsr.jpg

I'd take one or two as well.

Well then, I'll dig into it and PM those interested when I find something out. Give me a week or two.

Looks like a winner to me.

Let us know.

I'm definitely interested as well.... please let us know when you have more info....

Like this?

siggsr.jpg

Did you ever have any luck with this. Thanks, Matt

Man, I'd love to know how to make those!

I would be interested in one with a rail..It looks like some very nice work..

I have a Sig Tac Ops 1911 that i use to make my holster molds....