About 10 minutes on google caught these images:

You can mold vegetable tanned leather to darn near any shape you want, . . . it just has to be made in pieces.

The Captain America image shows at least 2 front to back seams, . . .

If I were doing it, . . . the owner would don a thin watch cap (toboggon to some) and I would wet, cut, and mold the inside pieces to his head over the watch cap. once you get the inside pieces, . . . you can add the strengthening pieces to the outside, . . . wet the whole thing good, . . . mold it on his head, . . . make him wear it for about 3 hours, . . . until most of it was basically dry, . . . take it off, . . . sit it in front of a fan, . . . come back this time tomorrow, . . . it should be ready for a trial fit and adjustment.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-29440500-1413588729_thumb.jp

post-6728-0-28481700-1413588747_thumb.jp

Actually, Mike, . . . leather working is not rocket science, . . . you just have to figure out how the other guy made his.

I have a "gift" sort of, . . . I can take most anything apart in my mind, . . . and see the pieces, . . . and how they go together. I've drumrolled it for almost 70 years, . . . and it has certainly proved it's worth in the leather craft.

If you do that with the two helmet pictures I posted, . . . you'll see it is not overly complicated, . . . daunting maybe, . . . but doable.

May God bless,

Dwight