BearMan

Bearmauls Will Go On!

Hi Everybody,

Well,,, the dreaded time has come. The company my wife works for, didn't get the contract that would keep us here. So,,, what that means is we will be moving pretty soon. We don't know what the future will bring. I REALLY hate moving!! But,, what that means for my BearMauls,,, is that I won't be making them anymore,,, or at least on a VERY limited basis. But,,, don't worry too much,,, as over the past year or so, I've been getting my Son trained, & geared up to take them over.

My Son, Beary,,, yes that's his real name,,, will be making them. He has been making some, kind of behind the scenes, for a while now. His time to make them, is somewhat limited, as he works a full time job also. He's able to make about 2-3 a week,,, so it's a first come, first served basis. His name on here is: Blackbear77

All of the materials & construction I use,,,he uses. So what you'll be getting is the same as what I make. His attention to detail & finish, is excellent. So,,, if you were thinking about getting a BearMaul,,, you need to contact Beary, & get on the list.

From time to time, I may still be able to make a maul,,, it all depends on what the future holds. Those of you that know me, know that I've been dealing with a chronic pain problem. Which really limited my ability to make mauls. Over the past year, that has been getting progressively worse,,, so this move was coming anyway,,, it just happened a little sooner than expected.

I REALLY Appreciate everybody here!! Showing your appreciation & admiration for the Mauls & other tools I've made has really made me feel very welcomed! Thank You!! I'm not going away,,, & I'll still be making & posting my Leather stuff. I will have more time to pound leather now...

I really want to thank,,, Bob Beard,,, Bob Park,,, Ben Cox,,Tina,,, & many many others,,, for all of their help, & encouragement with my BearMauls,,, & being true friends! I'm Very Proud to say,, I'm a Leatherworker!!

Here are some of the thins I've made, over the past several months.

Thanks to All!! Ed the"BearMan"

post-7175-089849200 1307709016_thumb.jpg

post-7175-070446000 1307709035_thumb.jpg

post-7175-097944800 1307709131_thumb.jpg

post-7175-082744300 1307709152_thumb.jpg

post-7175-048695700 1307709274_thumb.jpg

post-7175-076875800 1307709298_thumb.jpg

post-7175-043966200 1307709313_thumb.jpg

post-7175-013811500 1307709344_thumb.jpg

post-7175-040398100 1307709368_thumb.jpg

post-7175-022894000 1307709384_thumb.jpg

post-7175-034601700 1307709443_thumb.jpg

post-7175-036869400 1307709464_thumb.jpg

post-7175-057719900 1307709609_thumb.jpg

Those are truly beautiful...

I have been proud to have been one of your customers. Though I wish you would continue, I truly understand the meaning of change and the trail that it leaves. I too hate to move. I think I have one more move left in me before I am done. I wish you and your son success. I know that your son will blaze his own trail and continue the BearMan Maul tradition!

Here are my BearMan Mauls to add to successful gallery on this thread.

Best wishes!

post-6330-017025900 1307714012_thumb.jpg

post-6330-016277600 1307714041_thumb.jpg

I already have the first of Beary's mauls and know he will continue your tradition! I wish I had one of yours! and then I'd have the big and little bear. Still need a 24 OZ?.

Good luck in what ever you do.You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Kevin

I'm soooo sorry to hear about the struggles and I too wish you and your family All the best in the future.

I'm also a true fan of your work (number one fan if you ask me *S*), I would not know how to do tooling without my BearMan mauls, they're truly Awesome :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Sorry to hear about your wife's job, but best of luck to you Ed, no matter where you go. Your woodworking and toolmaking skills are incomparable. I hope someday to have one of you or your son's mauls (when my skills merit such fine tools). As a fellow CP sufferer, I wish you the best. Good luck on your move!

Edited by Rhide

Bummer and I was just about plonk some cash down for a couple husband and son are not too good when it comes to dropping hints after a second mothers day has now gone by.

I hope everything goes well with your move Bearman and that you can still participate in your woodworking in some capacity as you sure have some fine examples of master workmanship there. Any chance you have got some extras lying around, you know so you don't have to pack up as much when you move hee hee.

Wishing you the best

Cheers,

Clair

Edited by cem

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all the compliments & kind words of encouragement. If, we are lucky enough to move to a place where I can set my shop back up,,, I'm hoping to be able to make a maul, every once in a great while. They would only be the very unique, & special ones. As I'm sure you all know by now,,, that I'm never satisfied with "good enough",,, they always have to be something unique & different. But, either way,,, I'm sure I'll be making a lot more leather stuff.

Beary is very excited about this new undertaking, & I'm sure you all will be very pleased with his mauls.

Take Care,,, & Thanks Again,,, Ed the"BearMan"