Pounder

Convertable Bolo Tie To Wristband

Hello

I have a customer requesting bolo ties for his daughters that can be converted to wristbands and then back to the bolo ties. Has anyone ever done something like this? He has provided me with authentic (so he says) arrowheads for the facing and attaching them to the bolo plate, which I intend to use leather, does not present a problem but how would attach it to a wristband that can be removed and returned to the bolo tie.

I hope this makes sense to everyone.

I appreciate any help, direction or tips anyone provides.

Well I must have stumped everybody with this one. When I figure it out I will get a patent since it seems like it has never been done before.

Or it could be that it was a PITA to figure out and no one wants to share the secret because then they wouldn't have a unique item to sell.

My guess is this guy that's asked for it has probably never seen one in his life and he's asking for something that doesn't exist.

How about using the screw on type like the conchoes . You could even make the band to accept the same bolo type slide lock. Show us what you come up with. Gary

You could do this project with a 1 1/2 wide x 2" high platform depending on the size of the arrowhead. run a row of holes down ea side on the outside of the arrowhead about 1/4" and about 3/8 to 1/2 in apart and starting about 1/4 down from the top and up from the bottom. The holes size would have to be the same size as the finish end that you use on the tie, and likley oval holes to allow things to lay flat as possible. Your bolo necklace tie would have to be long enough to allow for large. medium, small wrist. Convert it to necklace by pushing the ends vertically out thru the top hole from behind and thru the bottom hole and out the back. To convert it to a wrist band you would insert one end thru a hole, loop it around the wrist leaving the full end and a little extra hanging out. then go around thru the next hole and around again until the upper end hangs out the upper hole or one of the upper holes. This would give considerable adjustment for wrist size, better if it a little loose than to tight. You will have to work with the concept some to see how it works out. but since we are brainstorming the problem. Draw it out on paper and see if it works for you. You will also have to fasten the arrow head. You might consider using small rawhide lace that you would sew thru the and around the nock of the arrow then make an x over the lower part of the arrow head and fasten it behing the platform and coating with finish when done and dried. this allows full view of the centerpiece and should still hold it in place. I am just tossing out some ideas for you to consider let us know how it works out.

LTC, you are probably right but this customer has deep pockets.

Silverbullet, thanks for the idea about screw backs, that might just do it.

Cardinal Leather, I really like your idea, I printed it so I could refer to it again. Between yours and Silverbullet I might have a chance to figure this thing out.

Thanks to all who commented, now off to the drawing board.

Tried out my own post from last night, this morning. built proto type to see how it would work out. Worked fine as a vert application. Not so good as a bracelet. I did not want to remove the finished ends of my bolo ties so used different types of leather lace. they all work but in the bracelett form they are to stringy for my taste. Then tried para cord, this worked the best. some downsides. ---takes some time to relace to bracelet ---re-lacing could lead to breakage of the arrow head or knocking it loose from its tiedown ---if the lace dangles out to far it is possible to snag on something and do damage to wrist as there is no breakaway like a snap. This project looks good on paper but will take some thought to get it to the finish product.