amuckart

Marshall Model 2 Bell-Knife Skiver

Hi all,

I've got me a Marshall Model 2 bell-knife skiver, made in Australia. It's a pretty old looking machine that needs some work but nothing about it looks so damaged I can't get it working again and it was a whole lot cheaper than a new one.

Does anyone know anything about these machines? My guess is that it's a Fortuna clone as most of them seem to be. Are parts like feed rollers and feet exchangeable between different brands?

Cheers.

sign23.gif

Anyone?

I'm trying to get the thing apart and am stuck trying to get the bell off. I'd really like to work out if the feet and drive stones are interchangeable with available parts so I can set it up to do veg tan with.

Cheers.

sign23.gif

Anyone?

I'm trying to get the thing apart and am stuck trying to get the bell off. I'd really like to work out if the feet and drive stones are interchangeable with available parts so I can set it up to do veg tan with.

Cheers.

If you find out, let me know, will you. I've just today, put out feelers here in Oz where I might get some of the multitude of feet that were available for these old machines.

Tony.

Thanks Tony, I'll let you know what I work out.