Sign in to follow this  
cappadk

Veg Tanned Leather In Colors

Ive been searching the internet for weeks without finding a supplier who got veg tanned leather in colors. Most suppliers only got natural colored

but im looking for colors for bag making and ect. Any of you guys know where to look? Thanks.

I dont you will find a rainbow of colors But Wickett & Craig has a fair amount.

RJFleather.com is a site sponsor and has some drum dyed colored leather. Good leather, good prices, and Roger is very nice. I just ordered another shoulder yesterday.

Yea i know about wicket and craig, lovely leather but its too thick for making bags, i would have to make them skive most of it away.

Rjfleather - i did ask, but they dont deliver to Europe apparently.

Maybe i explained myself poorly - i was thinking about leather like the one in the link, thinner and seems smoother as well.

http://aimetuna.info/brics-life-leather-18-duffel-cognac.aspx

Yea i know about wicket and craig, lovely leather but its too thick for making bags, i would have to make them skive most of it away.

W&C will spilt the leather down to any weight you want. No extra charge.

Dan

W&C will spilt the leather down to any weight you want. No extra charge.

Dan

I've been looking around. RJF has something they called their "Renaissance" collection. It's veg tan, dyed, and soft milled. I got some samples and they feel nice but have a kind of a more pebbly grain and not really my taste.

I have a hard time finding dyed veg tan as well. Especially if you want it softer. I bought a side of about 5oz veg tan (undyed) from Hide House in Napa, CA that was soft milled. Felt nice and should be good for bags but I'll have to dye and refinish it myself.

I ordered a back of Wickett & Craig bridle leather. I had them split it down to 5oz thickness and buff the flesh side. They drum dye their leather but it's not "struck through" (the dye does not penetrate the leather completely) so they will respray the dye on the flesh side. Split, buff, and respray cost $1.1 extra per square feet. Splitting alone is $.75/sf. I think my piece comes out to be almost $10/sf. Expensive but I guess if you want the best stuff you have to pay for it.

Andrew

1324182000[/url]' post='224845']

I've been looking around. RJF has something they called their "Renaissance" collection. It's veg tan, dyed, and soft milled. I got some samples and they feel nice but have a kind of a more pebbly grain and not really my taste.

I have a hard time finding dyed veg tan as well. Especially if you want it softer. I bought a side of about 5oz veg tan (undyed) from Hide House in Napa, CA that was soft milled. Felt nice and should be good for bags but I'll have to dye and refinish it myself.

I ordered a back of Wickett & Craig bridle leather. I had them split it down to 5oz thickness and buff the flesh side. They drum dye their leather but it's not "struck through" (the dye does not penetrate the leather completely) so they will respray the dye on the flesh side. Split, buff, and respray cost $1.1 extra per square feet. Splitting alone is $.75/sf. I think my piece comes out to be almost $10/sf. Expensive but I guess if you want the best stuff you have to pay for it.

Andrew

Sorry, a correction here. Waterhouse leather has the renaissance collection, not RJF. I have never tried the RJC stuff and would be interested in knowing what they're like.

Andrew

Ive been searching the internet for weeks without finding a supplier who got veg tanned leather in colors. Most suppliers only got natural colored

but im looking for colors for bag making and ect. Any of you guys know where to look? Thanks.

Here is a link to Tärnsjö tannery in Sweden. You can ask them if their leather is available in Germany, or, they might sell directly to you.

http://tarnsjogarveri.se/remlader.php

/ Knut

Great info - i didnt know WC resprayed the hide after they made the splitting. And yea its expensive and customs here make it to expensive for me to import, but fortunetely i found a danish company

who (mostly) deals with upholstery leather but also have veg. tanned. Sorensen leather is the name in case your interested.

Thanks for the link oldtimer, looks nice and i will most likely ask for a sample.