THein

Landis 12K Maintenance & Troubleshooting

I've been fighting my Landis sole stitcher for quite awhile. I was searching for a place to buy parts and found this manual online. I'm thinking it's going to be helpful. Here's where to find it.

http://www.bootmaker.com/Landis12_Operator's_Manual.pdf

Terry

www.singletreeleather.com

You should also be able to buy most parts you need from Shoe Systems Plus in New York. Likewise you can often find these machines for very cheap if you need a lot of parts it may be worthwhile to pick up a parts machine. I believe there's one on eBay right now for 50 bucks with no bids and no reserve. Hard to believe really.

Thanks for posting the manual, I've fought with mine for quite a bit and I'm sure I will again and that would come in handy if its different than the one I have.

You should also be able to buy most parts you need from Shoe Systems Plus in New York. Likewise you can often find these machines for very cheap if you need a lot of parts it may be worthwhile to pick up a parts machine. I believe there's one on eBay right now for 50 bucks with no bids and no reserve. Hard to believe really.

Thanks for posting the manual, I've fought with mine for quite a bit and I'm sure I will again and that would come in handy if its different than the one I have.

I'm glad to hear it might help someone else. Couple days ago after another session of surgery on the old dinosaur, I told my wife, that's it I'm done with that machine. It's just too hard to let go of. Old machines hold a charm for me.

Terry

I know this has been a while but I have a question. In the manual it states the needle and awl should be about 1/16 of an inch apart, isn't that a long distance?? I also read somewhere in this forum(can't find it again) that somebody said the needle and awl should be about the thickness of a fingernail apart. Any input?? Also in the maintenance manual it pairs the 23-47 needle with 23-45 awl. I have 22-50 needle with 23-45 awl, could this be why I am having problems with my machine working correctly?? I bought the machine with this needle and awl combination. If anybody could help would be great.

Thanks