Sign in to follow this  
salvi

Great Learning Source On Dvd

Just to let you all know that last week I received at home the first three DVDs from Eric A. Myall's 8 DVD collection:

#1 Introduction to the trade -- 18th./19th. Century Belt

#2 Making a Hunting Bag

#3 Making a Knife Sheath

I would like to say that this footage is absolutely brilliant. These DVDs are not only tutorials but an incredible opportunity to watch a real leather artisan manipulating with full confidence straps of leather on his work bench. Eric is a master craftsman taught in England so this can be considered an historic document on the genuine way to work on leather.

All contents are explained in full detail. Eric affords every problem of cutting, scrapping, molding, fixing, sewing with imaginative solutions and a different perspective I hadn't seen in any other DVDs before. I think that this way of leather working can only be seen in a real workshop. This is a real leather craftsman working on the traditional way, the original way. The confidence, speed and efficiency with which Eric worked the leather is a sight to be seen.

These DVDs lacks of any artificiality. This is a real way to work with leather that astonished myself.

In my modest opinion these recordings are simply brilliant. Definitely a must have.

If anyone is interested on purchasing this collection here is the contact info:

http://thewilliamsburgsaddler.weebly.com/buy-dvds.html or contacting Eric. A. Myall's daughter, Zena at zegirlsdolls@cox.net

Glad you are enjoying them! I use a similar style and technique in most everything I do. Eric is just the same in person as in the video series.

Just to let you all know that last week I received at home the first three DVDs from Eric A. Myall's 8 DVD collection:

#1 Introduction to the trade -- 18th./19th. Century Belt

#2 Making a Hunting Bag

#3 Making a Knife Sheath

I would like to say that this footage is absolutely brilliant. These DVDs are not only tutorials but an incredible opportunity to watch a real leather artisan manipulating with full confidence straps of leather on his work bench. Eric is a master craftsman taught in England so this can be considered an historic document on the genuine way to work on leather.

All contents are explained in full detail. Eric affords every problem of cutting, scrapping, molding, fixing, sewing with imaginative solutions and a different perspective I hadn't seen in any other DVDs before. I think that this way of leather working can only be seen in a real workshop. This is a real leather craftsman working on the traditional way, the original way. The confidence, speed and efficiency with which Eric worked the leather is a sight to be seen.

These DVDs lacks of any artificiality. This is a real way to work with leather that astonished myself.

In my modest opinion these recordings are simply brilliant. Definitely a must have.

If anyone is interested on purchasing this collection here is the contact info:

http://thewilliamsbu...m/buy-dvds.html or contacting Eric. A. Myall's daughter, Zena at zegirlsdolls@cox.net

I'm glad to hear the production quality is high. That really does seem to make a difference when watching and learning. How long are the videos? I can't find much info about them on the site. Thanks for your help.

I just read that Eric Myall passed away last December at age 89.  i've talked to him a couple times and purchased tapes years ago.  the videos are great, and he is a hoot to listen too/talk to.  The leatherworking community is definately at a loss if you knew him or not...