Brass

Lost Revival Handbag pattern

revivalHandbag.jpg

My wife is in need of a purse and like any good wannabe leather worker I convinced her to let me make it. Of course what I really wanted to do was tool it. and then dream that the sewing just 'happened'. ;)

Anyway, the pattern that she wants it not included in the kit that's sold today. It's a pattern that was sold sometime in the yesterdays that I had picked up some time ago from an ebay auction. I had it out and was perusing it getting ready to tool it when I lost it. It is now six months later and I still havn't found it. Does anyone out there have this pattern and could let me have a copy? :helpsmilie:

brass

:coffeecomp:

post-5381-1248543798_thumb.jpg

Let me check in my files, I bought a bunch of purse patterns from an estate sale and I think I may have one. I will check tonight and get back to you on it. Thanks Deb

revivalHandbag.jpg

My wife is in need of a purse and like any good wannabe leather worker I convinced her to let me make it. Of course what I really wanted to do was tool it. and then dream that the sewing just 'happened'. ;)

Anyway, the pattern that she wants it not included in the kit that's sold today. It's a pattern that was sold sometime in the yesterdays that I had picked up some time ago from an ebay auction. I had it out and was perusing it getting ready to tool it when I lost it. It is now six months later and I still havn't found it. Does anyone out there have this pattern and could let me have a copy? :helpsmilie:

brass

:coffeecomp:

8/11/09

Brass,

Did you ever get a copy of that pattern from someone? (No, I don't have it.) Was it just the tooling design that you really needed? If so, have you already thought of laying that photo on a xerox copier and enlarging half of it to the 'full size' that you need for that spot on the purse?

In a similar vein, I recently used a size 12 men's moccasin pattern, enlarged it on a xerox copier by 6%, and turned it into a size 13 men's moccasin pattern. They fit the young man just fine. - TexasLady

The pattern and kit are on sale at the Tandy site for $45 club price, regularly $72 (club) $90 full price. Revival Shoulder Bag Kit Item #44373-00

java script:openWindow(

I checked my files, I don't have the revival hand bag pattern, the one I was thinking of is the Sierra. It is a similar shape and size of bag, but the tooling pattern is nothing like what you have pictured. The copier Idea works pretty well. I have used that method a time or two. Good Luck - Deb

Thanks everyone. Sorry I dropped 'dropped of the face of the earth' for a couple of weeks... My wife and I just sold our house and moved. I just now finished putting my desktop back together. Anyway, I'm going to try the copier method and see how that works.