I haven't made many holsters so I was wondering what is the "proper" weight leather to use, or is it a matter of function, IWB, OWB sorta thing. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Tom

Well I just found the answers I needed in another post. Guess I should look before I leap. All most of my questions are in here somewhere all I need to do is look better. Thanks all.

Tom

Edited by carr52

I'm fairly new to leathercraft and fancy having a go at a holster/gun belt. Maybe someone can explain the abreviations IWB, OWB and any other lingo used in this field. Won't be able to mould around anything unless I can get hold of one of those 'red guns' as gun laws here are so strict you can now get arrested for carrying a toy weapon in a public place. Thanks.

Inside the waistband, outside the waistband between the belt and pants, pancake is on the belt with slots, there are lots of others mainly abreviations so a persons doesn't have to write it out longhand. Takes awhile to pick up on them though and don't even know if I am right most of the time. LOL

Edited by Jordan

Jordan, you mean you don't routinely run into questions like:

" Can you make a LH 5-6oz VTL IWB for my CZ...in black?

Edited by TwinOaks

For OWB, I generally use 8 oz

For IWB, I generally use 6-7 oz