fredk

Greetings From Northern Ireland

Hi folks,

Just a brief introduction from me.

I'm Fred, hence the very clever log-on name. Its one I can remember easily.

I've been doing some leather work for about 15 years now. I've not been doing much, not really much output in that time, but it should increase greatly over this winter.

I've been involved with medieval historical presentation groups for about 18 years. I got fed up not being able to get quality made leather items here in N.I. for myself and family members so I set to and bought in leather and made the items myself. This has expanded to making items for others in the groups.

I make mostly belts, bags, hats, an occasional knife sheath that sort of thing. These I make as near as possible as copies of real medieval items. I've orders for hoods, a jacket, more pouches. I've also been asked to start re-covering car steering wheels.

Another range I make is board games. Wood boards covered in leather and then tooled. I make the game pieces as well.

A couple of years ago I made a re-enactor a Star Wars belt & holsters kit, now that was interesting. Lots of wet moulding, and all to a tight time schedule.

A small film company approached me the other night. They want me to make a couple of hand-gun shoulder holsters.

So, whilst searching for patterns or pictures I came across this forum. From scanning through it I thought it looked like a good place, thus I joined up.

I'm self taught in leather work. I have most of Al Stohlman's books [who doesn't] plus a lot of others. I'm always looking out for ideas and methods to improve my work.

BFN,

fredk

Welcome to the forums Fred. I am sure you will find some useful advice here

Welcome to the forum Fred!

Thank you chaps

good to see you no here Fred