Sign in to follow this  
texback

I'm Back......maybe

Didn't know where to post this really so I put it here.

A bit over a month ago my 32 yo son had a major stroke. I have been traveling every weekend to see him and so I haven't been here on the site hardly. He has no use of his right arm, very limited use of his right leg, and can only speak a very few words. He has been getting rehab but it can only help so much. He was out with some friends and fell off a barstool so they assumed he had had too much to drink. They took him home and left him where his mother found him the next day around 5:30 pm. He was taken to 3 different hospitals that night. He was very close to death at the time.

I am posting this not to gather sympathy......but rather to urge everyone to learn to recognize the signs of a stroke. Had his friends been able to recognize the signs and had called 911, the doctors may have been able to reverse the stroke. There is a drug they can give ONLY in the first hour of a stroke that can reverse or minimize the damage. Not all people will exhibit all the signs of a stroke. They may only show a sign or two. If the person suddenly doesn't seem themselves, or shows any of the signs get them medical help ASAP. Stroke can happen to a person of any age.

Speaking as a person who has undergone a major injury in life and who watched it have an effect on both of my parents. I pray that healing will progress in your sons life and that strength and wisdom will grow in your life and the rest of those who know and love him.