Sign in to follow this  
MikeG

Splitter For Sale - Craftool/tandy?

I have a nice leather splitter in excellent condition for sale. I'm assuming it's a Tandy/Craftool, but it has no markings on it I can see. I got it as part of an estate several years ago, had it professionally sharpened, and have never used it. It has a nice brass/gold finish on it, but it is steel (checked with a magnet). $185 shipped in US.

post-482-0-77250700-1403139966_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-16854800-1403139982_thumb.jpg

53 views and not a single response -- not the right tool? Asking too much? It's sharper than a new one and a lot cheaper than the ones I see on the 'bay.

Thanks,

Mike

Probably because they come up for sale on eBay fairly regular and usualy only bring around a $100,00 for a used one. Your brass/gold finish is simply a cheap zinc finish. I had one for a while as it came in a lot I bought. I messed around with it for a while and finally got rid of it for 65 bucks since I already had a good old osborne splitter. Perhaps if you posted some pics of leather you have split with it and show what it can do, you will get some responses

I had a look at it, Mike, but me being in Europe, the cost of shipping to where I live besides not having the use for it yet (or the total amount that it would cost me in the end), I haven't said anything. Good luck with selling it though. :)

Thanks for the replies, guys - I guess I just didn't realize what it was. I will get some pics of split leather and then post it for best offer.

-- Mike

Splitter has sold - Thanks!