workingman

New Custom Made Stitching Stand

I did a trade out with a carpenter friend of mine . I did a really cool seat for his motorcycle and he built me this beautiful piece of mechanical coolness. I am so stoked to use this on my next few projects. The beauty of this is I can sit in my comfy chair and work off of the stitching stand while lacing and stitching. Let me know what you guys think of it.

Stichingstand010.jpg

Stichingstand008.jpg

Stichingstand006.jpg

Stichingstand005.jpg

Stichingstand004.jpg

Stichingstand003.jpg

Stichingstand001.jpg

Stichingstand002.jpg

What an elegant design, I loved the incorporation of the bike parts as well. Looks more like a piece of furniture than a work item.

No wonder you're pleased with it!

That is PURDY! :specool:

Crystal

Dude.............that is cool! I am going to have to come over and see this beast! Maybe before one of our leather guild meetings..

Very cool design.what are the demensions?

Who ever built it did a great job except for one thing. The jaws should be straight all the up. With it just touching down from the top i think when you use your awl what ever your sewing is going to flop right over.

Thanks guys, This thing really did come out a lot nicer than I thought it would . All I gave my friend was a picture of this old 1800's stitch stand that i found online years ago. It stands about 36" tall which is perfect for me when I'm sitting in my drafting chair. I had him round the jaws so that there would be no way of getting pinch marks in the pieces i'm working on and it work perfect for my use.

That is way cool!! I'ed say you got the better end of that deal. Would your friend be intrested in making making another for a price of course? Please let me know.

Panther

That is way cool!! I'ed say you got the better end of that deal. Would your friend be intrested in making making another for a price of course? Please let me know.

Panther

I'll PM you his info.