Sign in to follow this  
bergjes

Turkshead - Gaucho

Hi,

can somebody help me explain the following?

I'm trying to figure out how to use Grid Maker (by Tim Allwine) for a gaucho weave.

I found out that I can use the following coding to make a perfect grid: \\//

But is it possible to use gridmaker to make a gaucho weave with two colors?

(For instance to make a /\/\/\ pattern)

I have a book of David Morgan with lots of information how to tie a gaucho knot.

One of his gaucho knots is based on a 4B 5P turks head.

To make the Gaucho knot he "weaves" with a loose strand to make the gaucho knot, he calls it the 8B 10P gaucho knot?

Is this correct? Because this knot I cannot make with the grid maker.

Can somebody explain this to me?

Thanks,

Erik

Your question has been answered over in the IGKT forum where you posted. I also left you a few options.

Brian...

Your question has been answered over in the IGKT forum where you posted. I also left you a few options.

Brian...

Brian

I dont belong to that forum. Could ya post your answer here also.

Thanks, Mike

Not a problem. Here ya'll go...

You can make a gaucho weave with the grid maker. But, you will only be able to do that gaucho with one color, or one single string. The grid maker does not support 2 string versions of interweaves yet. I know that the creators of the grid maker were expressing to me that they had 2 string version in the works. No release date set as of yet.

My best advice is if you wish to pursue the gaucho interweave like you are now, with 2 color strings, then make the base turks head of 5p 4b and then do the interweave as shown in your book. You could also make the single string version on the grid maker and keep the strings far enough apart to see how the knot is built.

For all intensive purposes you could always make the single string version with the grid maker and just tie the turks head part in one color and then tie the interweave. Start the interweave at the same end your standing end is located at and go from there following the grid pattern.

Brian...

Brian...

Thanks Brian.

Thats enough to practice with.

But I still don´t understand why David Morgan calls  his Gaucho knot 10P - 8B, is this technically correct?

According to the gridmaker it should be 11P-8B or 9P-8B?

Thanks again,

Erik