shirleyz

Marine Fundraiser with color

I haven't sealed it yet or added antique, but I think it looks pretty good.

ShirleyZ

DSC02292_1.JPG

DSC02301_1.JPG

DSC02304_1.JPG

post-92-1205624397_thumb.jpg

post-92-1205624412_thumb.jpg

post-92-1205624432_thumb.jpg

That looks phenomenal!

What kind of paint did you use for the gold and silver? I love the tones.

Metalli silver, and 14k gold by gleams. It's only the stuff you get at Michael's but it works great, it's cheap, and I like the colors.

ShirleyZ

That's gonna be a really neat seat Shirley. Nice painting job on the seat and the nails :thumbsup: I bet that seat is going to raise a lot of money. It's a great gesture on your part too.

Looks great Shirley.... They will really like that.

looks like we used the same pic and traced it. i say that because mine didnt have the anchor tip either. had to put it in. looks better than mine tho....great job!!!!

I love the way the gold and silver look. I used it before, from Michael's, and It sticks really well. Of course when you have some awesome tooling and a great pic under it, it helps too. Great job.

Looks great and so do the nails how do you manage to do leather work with them nails its beyond me, id end up with marks all over the leather LOL, nice job, Don

It looks great Shirley, are you going to use Neat Lac when you are finished to protect the paint and the antique? I think it is great to make this sort of contribution to our young folks who have given so much for us.

Dave

Looks really great Shirley,

It came out very nice with the coloring:-)

I haven't sealed it yet or added antique, but I think it looks pretty good.

ShirleyZ

Good Job, looks Great!

Love that gold and silver. It looks similar to the paints I use and they are very fun to work with (small small flakes in the paint), applies really well with no streaking.

I like the way you delt with the rope, looks very good.

As usual your stuff is beautiful.

Tom

WOW!!!! Very nice work! Thak you for helping raise money for military causes!

Regards,

Nick

It looks great Shirley, are you going to use Neat Lac when you are finished to protect the paint and the antique?

Dave

You know, I often use neatlac to seal it, Dave. BUT! I just read a finishes sheet by Cathy Schimm and apparently you should not use Neatlac with either acryllics or antique. SHHHHHH! don't tell anyone who bought a previous seat from me.

Shirley

Great looking seat! I was AF myself, but I would be proud to have a seat like that!

Great looking seat! I was AF myself, but I would be proud to have a seat like that!

Seems like there's a bunch of wingnuts on here.

Metalli silver, and 14k gold by gleams. It's only the stuff you get at Michael's but it works great, it's cheap, and I like the colors.

ShirleyZ

can u reduce it a all and id there any problems w/ it rubbing off after its sealed? depending on how u seal it i take it

Super looking seat Shirley!

I am an Army dog, but I can see how a Marine would be PROUD to have that seat!

Your work is superb!

can u reduce it a all and id there any problems w/ it rubbing off after its sealed? depending on how u seal it i take it

I just got a seat back from a friend, his redhead was looking a little faded from being left out in the Nevada sun. He's been sitting on her for the last two summers, done all the major rides on the west coast. The one thing that didn't get affected was her pair of bright red stilettos. They sit right under his butt, and they held up great.

Shirley

Great looking seat Shirley, just one question tho....how do you keep from scratching the leather with those nails??????

Ken

I'm not sure what you mean by reduce it, ( I know how to reduce chicken stock). You can thin regular acryllics with water, not sure about the metallics. Is that what you meant?

Shirley

Your seats never cease to make me say WOW!

This seat and tie in with the Marines is amazing as is the artwork and color!