cleanview

Glock Gen 3 Compared To Gen 4

I recently made two holsters for gen 4 guns to only have them to be too tight

I measure my blue guns and they measure differently than the actual gen 4 (gen 3 blue gun)

Every thing I read says that they are the exact same...... Am I missing something or are they not different enough whe it comes to molding holsters?

The Glock models from Rings are small as is. I use a couple layers of blue painters tape on the "slide" areas on mine to help them be the right thickness.

I wondered about that.. I am relatively new and am surprised that as much as they cost they are not exact.

I am assuming you blue tape them until a micromiter says they are the same? Does it stay on, or do you have to replace it after a while?

For what it's worth, my 1911A1 from Rings is 1/10" under in slide width. It seems a shame to have to alter something you bought based on the fact that it's "actual size"...

Mike

I have not had a problem with the Rings Blue Guns...a little small is better than too big. I wet mold my holsters and the leather will stretch quite a bit during this process. After the holster is dry the leather will continue to stretch and form to the given gun that is placed into the holster as the it is broken in by the costumer.

If the holster stitch lines are laid out correctly the blue gun will go into the holster with a small to a fair amount of resistance when wet molding and forming the holster, this is what you want...in my opinion, because as I've stated above the holster will loosen up a little with use as it forms to the clients gun.

I explain to my clients that a new holster is like a new pair of high quality boots...you need to break them in and get use to them before going outside.