glockanator

Small Of Back Holster Question

So i made a concealment holster for my brother last year who works for PPD AZ. Now two guys on his department want small of back with the gun horizontal to the belt with the grip facing up towards the head. Trying to wrap my head around a design for this that wont be bulky. Its for a glock 30. Any ideas? Pictures? Thoughts?

put the belt loop under the rear of the slide...i make these quite a bit..its a three piece pattern..ill see if i can find some pics for you but basically, its a pancake with the forward belt slot located under the end of the slide...you have the back piece, then you have a reinforcement piece on the back piece where the loop is located, and then there is the front piece...its sounds complicated but it really isnt..

Thanks pictures will help alot. I think I know how to do it but its always nice to see it as well. Thanks again

I dont like the way Galco does their belt tunnel on the back...belt tunnels wear out too fast for my liking..thats why i go with a belt slot instead...pancake slot typically dont wear out...ever...lol...

All of those are not Galco. The full tunnel will hold the holster/firearm firmly against your body. I would think that much leather would not wear so easily. I like both worlds as some show. Part tunnel and part slot.

Glockanator, If you have ever worn a SOB, you will find that you need to be nimble to accomplish a quick draw. I would suggest to them a butt down SOB. Pretend you have a SOB on and reach for the grip their way. Now pretend the butt is down and reach. Ergonomics. I am a little nutty that way.

Thanks pictures will help alot. I think I know how to do it but its always nice to see it as well. Thanks again

Here you go...im pretty sure you can figure it out

post-30702-0-84412000-1383704830_thumb.j

Glockanator, If you have ever worn a SOB, you will find that you need to be nimble to accomplish a quick draw. I would suggest to them a butt down SOB. Pretend you have a SOB on and reach for the grip their way. Now pretend the butt is down and reach. Ergonomics. I am a little nutty that way.

I have always thought that the butt down SOB was go that you could shoot yourself in the butt trying to clear your body in a panic adrenaline mode. Butt up is the natural position, it is just a normal holster slid farther back. Ergonomically you have to retrain yourself to turn your wrist over and then it is nearly impossible to not point it at yourself during the draw. MAJOR life safety issue.

I have always thought that the butt down SOB was go that you could shoot yourself in the butt trying to clear your body in a panic adrenaline mode. Butt up is the natural position, it is just a normal holster slid farther back. Ergonomically you have to retrain yourself to turn your wrist over and then it is nearly impossible to not point it at yourself during the draw. MAJOR life safety issue.

I agree completely, but i cant get some of my customers to understand that...ive had a few customers with shoulder issues that physically cant draw from a butt up position, and i try to talk them into crossdraw rigs, but it doesnt always work out for the way i want...i have found thats is nearly impossible to get a good firing grip on a butt down rig as well..