Jladd77

Greetings Folks

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Dickson TN and new to the leather craft community. Always wanted to tap into the trade but didn't know anyone willing to teach me. I'm a disabled combat veteran and enjoy tooling leather as it has some therapeutic value but can piss me off as well.

While in Wyoming this May I was blessed to meet a gentleman who grew up in the saddle making trade. His brother is Keith Seidel of Seidel Saddlery in Cody, WY. He offered to teach me what he knew and we started off with a pair of basic chinks. From there I was hooked. Great folks!

Thanks for adding me to leatherworker.net I look forward to picking some brains.

I'm a vet myself, not one of combat though. You might say I served with Uneventful Distinction. That being said, my dad was a DAV of the Second World War. So, you have my respect and admiration.

Ah, Dickson, TN. Know it well. That truck stop was one of my favorite stops when I was on the road. Great chicken fried steak!

As for leather work, you came to right place. There's more going on here than you can shake a stick at. Welcome aboard.

Jim

Good to meet you Jim and thank you for your service. This has been a very helpful forum. Good folks on here.