Rosalynn

How To Set Diamond Spots

I am an old fashion leatherworker trying to get into the swing of using spots,colorful rivets,bling and bang, flash and trash..LOL.

.I am now retired so I wanted to get back into my leathershop and I am already selling some leather jewelry. What is the easier way and tools to use to set the three sizes of diamond spots.?

Thanks for the help!!

Edited by Rosalynn

depending on the thickness of your leather and the quality of your spots... I just use a bedazzler. On thicker leather... I've been known to just press the spot into the leather and then use a single tine lacing punch or a diamond awl to make the holes... then carefully push it through and bend over the edges and tap them down on a solid surface. When there is a will... there is always a way.

I took a very small flat bladed screwdriver and sharpened it to match the legs on the diamond spots.

Then I measure, punch the holes, and push the spots into the holes, and bend the legs over all by hand. No machine .

Takes time, but I find it to be very accurate, at least for me.

Joel

post-11406-056628500 1344486101_thumb.jp

Edited by GrampaJoel