Sign in to follow this  
badasp118

New Holster I Am Working On....

Im experimenting with a design I picked up on cascity's leather workers site for a 1911 and modified it for my sig P6 / P225 off duty gun. I love that little surplus west german pistol and carry it all the time over my other guns, but hate nylon holsters. Its not quite finished and this was made with scrap leather, and not very good quality leather either. I did line it with 4oz and I am going to make another with better leather, when I can afford to buy some leather. This was all I had left, some Tandy inport leather. Its a very simple tension holster, I used t-nuts, and I used auto Vaccum hose to cover the tension screw to keep my frame from getting damaged. Its a slick little design and I even tried carving a badge in the leather. It worked pretty good and looks better than in the picture. I learned alot from making this one. I've never used a quality leather and am wondering does it dye better than this cheap stuff? Hold up better? just curious...... Sorry the picture isn't better quality, Im just kinda excited about this one n wated someone to see it..........

Badasp118

_Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00618.jpg

post-12200-126806193283_thumb.jpg

looks fine to me ..simple and sturdy ...what more could you ask for ???

First, it's nice to see someone who takes worse pictures than me. (Thought maybe you were an optometrist trying to drum up some business!)You do get what you pay for when it comes to leather. However, if you're still in the learning stages, I would think Tandy's leathers would be the right way to go.You shouldn't have to use rubber tubing to keep the frame from getting scratched. Assuming you want to repeat a similar design, use a piece of leather (or several) as a welt (between the sides you are joining).