Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

A new old tool and a quick wallet carve

A gentleman and his wife gave me a bag of stuff at church last Sunday, they said it was his fathers and since I work with leather they figured I could use it. There were a bunch of wallet sized blanks and a couple that had been Sheridan carved and a tool that I had not seen before, marked made in England by Maun Industries, it has a three prong slit cutter and a swivel anvil, they look removable some how. Also a photo of a practice wallet that I think Tina will recognize.

P1010016.JPG

P1010017.JPG

post-4868-125253168806_thumb.jpg

post-4868-125253171612_thumb.jpg

A gentleman and his wife gave me a bag of stuff at church last Sunday, they said it was his fathers and since I work with leather they figured I could use it. There were a bunch of wallet sized blanks and a couple that had been Sheridan carved and a tool that I had not seen before, marked made in England by Maun Industries, it has a three prong slit cutter and a swivel anvil, they look removable some how. Also a photo of a practice wallet that I think Tina will recognize.

Jordan:

this is a lacing punch- I have 1 just like it. Instead of using a standard 'whackitwiththemallet' punch, all you had to do was squeeze the handles. It came with a single hole punch, also, & yes, the parts are removable and interchangable.

russ

(& I can't remember the last time I used it- {maybe I should try it to see why I don't use it?})

I have a tool like that one.

Use it for punching lacing holes, glue a chunk of poundo board on the anvil.

Makes for better holes.

My only problem with these punches? My hand got insanely sore when punching a lot:)

ferg

ALL I CAN SAY " YES THEY WILL" I honestly beleive Tandy sold them to make $$$$$