jayjay

Does Anyone Have A Place I Can Get White Veg Tan Leather?

I have a customer that wants a white belt with tooling...I have never had any luck with the white dye as it sucks. Has anyone purchase any white maybe drum dyed leather before? I thought about using acrylic paint but not sure if it will hold up. Any help here would be great

Even the white dyes aren't really dyes. That's straight from Fiebings. They actually discontinued it because it sucked. But, back to your question. I've never seen anything like that. I would try some leather acrylics. Just apply it thinly and don't build up. The leather stuff is designed to flex and hold up. The only problem with acrylics and their longevity is when it's not applied right. Think about the finish products we use. A lot of those are even harder than acrylic paints and they hold up fine. Resolene, my preferred finish for straps and belts, is an acrylic and it holds up perfect.

Weavers does a white pigmented finish well they used to I don't have a current catalogue, I believe someone here may of used it possibly Prince the fellow who makes the brilliant armour.

I've never seen white leather that was able to be tooled. The best thing you can do is use white Angelus paint. I second the thin coats, but Angelus is a faaaaar better product then Cova and is super flexible. I typically seal with Angelus finish as well unless I'm using antique in which case I have used Leather Sheen in aerosol form. Here is a pic I did for a customer who has worn it numerous times and still going strong.

post-17044-0-29537900-1368406796_thumb.j