UKRay

Patterns purchased for cash

I'm keen to expand my range of small leathergoods but don't have the time to create new product designs/patterns.

If you have developed an exciting new design/pattern for a leather item and would like to sell a copy to me (remember that I am a pro-maker) then please get in touch so we can discuss an appropriate price.

Please note: I am only keen to buy NEW patterns so please don't send me any you have copied from somewhere else. I'm only interested in new and original work.

Just to make this perfectly clear - I'm looking for new product ideas and patterns - not tooling patterns.

Ray

What sort of plans are you looking for?

Bags, Pouches, Quivers, Belts - structure/imaginative, Jackets, Seats, Shirts, Jeans etc etc

Also are you looking for exclusivity of design or willing to tell your customers this is designed by such and such...available at such and such a place.

When I worked professionally in leather manufacture, any design I came up with that suited the boss was judged according to how many sales he could get in the first 60 days of it going into the brochure and arriving at customers doors. Thus I never got much more than £150 for my best work (IMO)

I do consider myself a designer more than a maker because usually I spend more time working out ideas than I do being able to make stuff because I don't have much money or a great source of leather compared to some.

I have not actually seen much of your work, but I have noted your name, mainly because there is another forum I am member of where there is a similar name, not sure if thats actually you or not but, point is, what are you after?

Braided goods patterns

Stitched goods

Hand stitched goods

What genre?

Bushcraft

Equestrian

BDSM

General ware

I probably have something in all of the above.

I'm also curious Ray, are you looking for tooling patterns, or physical construction patterns? I don't have any tooling patterns, but I'd share my construction patterns for free if they were something you wanted - pouches and articulated armor and such, ren faire type stuff.

I'm primarily looking for construction patterns for small leathergoods including cases, quivers, pouches and purses. I guess my idea was to draw together the best designs I could find and offer my 'version' of them to my customers. I am particularly keen to find very simple designs that are functional and attractive.

I'm looking more for machine stitched projects rather than hand stitched - my customers don't have a lot of money to spend, but if you have a hand stitched project that is exciting then please send it along.

My preferred 'genres' include:

Bushcraft items

'Pocket' items (such as key cases, phone cases etc)

Music items (instrument straps, penny whistle holster, etc)

industrial items (tool cases, etc)

'Belt' items - (folding knife cases, pouches etc)

but I'm happy to hear any other ideas

If you have any ideas then maybe the best move is to send me a picture of the completed item and your price for the construction pattern (this image can be of a prototype). This will not compromise your design and if I like what I see; and the drawings/instructions are workable then we can talk money.

At this point I should probably point out that I am not prepared to pay anywhere near £150 for a design unless I were to purchase the exclusive rights to it and I was convinced it was capable of bringing in a PROFIT of £1500 in 12 months - IMHO, I don't need exclusive rights to anything so if you sell it to me then you can sell it to others as well. Maybe there is a new industry here?

Hope this clarifies things further.

Ray

Yes ray that has cleared things up a fair bit. Not sure I have much that would suit you though.

Perhaps

Quiver design

Hunting satchel

Tobacco pouch for belt

Not even sure about them...

Yes ray that has cleared things up a fair bit. Not sure I have much that would suit you though.

Perhaps

Quiver design

Hunting satchel

Tobacco pouch for belt

Not even sure about them...

Just send me a few pics and I'll gladly let you know!

Ray