MEGA-SCORE!

Dozens of VINTAGE tools dating back to the 50's through the late 70's... stamps were $1.50 on average according to the catalog from 1970's that was in one of the toolboxes.

Not too long ago I ran into a longtime friend I grew up with. Over the years we fell out of contact. Well, we were talking about things and we touched on careers and I told him about my business and how I got into it and he told me his grandfather was into leatherwork and had left him a bunch of old tools. He said he never used them and wondered if I'd check them out for him and let him know if they were any good or what their value may be... He showed up a few days later with these in hand!

After I picked my jaw up off the floor and wiped up the drool, I told him (in my opinion) he had a pretty impressive collection of tools and they should fetch a pretty penny if he decided to part with them. He thanked me, gathered the tools and left. We spoke a few weeks later and asked if he had any luck in selling his tools. He said he decided to keep them for sentimental reasons. Then he showed up at the house with the boxes and says, "I don't have room to store these... can you hold on to them for me? You can use them if you want. If I ever need them, I know where they're at..."

SO! I know the pics stink but the tools are incredible!

DSC00136.JPG DSC00165.JPG

post-6344-127565926374_thumb.jpg

post-6344-127565933162_thumb.jpg

Good friends are worth more than fine gold ...

a great friend

Mega score indeed. I'd say that friend deserves some custom leather....and make it with his grandfather's tools.

Sweet!! Adding a little more wear to those tools would be in order, they look like they are begging to be pounded!! A very nice friend, indeed.

I am sure you will take great care of them for him! The best way to keep tools in good shape is to youse them as they were intended. Thats awesome!

Who's a lucky boy?????????????????