Sign in to follow this  
Dwight

Rifle/pistol Hoster: First One

This is the first one like this that I have done, . . . uhhhh, . . . it was a challenge.

It isn't the best one I ever did, . . . but it is the latest one, . . . just thought I'd share, . . . I haven't seen many of these done here.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-011995300 1326472766_thumb.jpg

post-6728-065813900 1326472783_thumb.jpg

It looks great! But I have to ask...how do you draw that thing while it's being worn?

Edited by markush

Is that an official Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock?!

Dwight,

nice work. can you elaborate on the challenges?

must need a long arm to draw one of those <g>

tk

Seems something like that would be better suited to a backpack almost, nice work Dwight!

It looks great! But I have to ask...how do you draw that thing while it's being worn?

I was wondering the same thing. Most of those Mare's Leg holsters are open on the front for at least 50% of the barrel length.

Looks good. I made one for my wrong handed brother.

Thanks for all the good feedback, . . .

Actually it is for a customer, . . . and in the picture, it is not threaded into the drop on his belt. I just stuck the belt through it to get a picture. That is why it looks so high.

The main challenge is he is less than 6 ft tall, . . . wants to wear and shoot this in cowboy action shooting, . . . getting it to set at the right height was the biggest challenge of all.

Both the trigger side and the hammer side have an open slot that goes down about 5 inches or so.

My fingers are still sore from sewing in the toe piece, . . . it is what keeps the whole thing from falling down through the bottom. I used my battery drill and a large darning needle to make the holes, . . . but it was still a job, . . . and I will definitely be cautioning my customer not to brag to his friends that he can get them one for the same price. I missed my guess on that one.

And, . . . yep, . . . it is a real live .44Magnum, . . . so far never been shot, . . . .

Anyway, . . . just thought I'd share, . . . it was fun, . . . not sure though that I want to go into the Mare's Leg business if you know what I mean.

May God bless,

Dwight