Sign in to follow this  
Timd

Grange goodies

The soil in my area is so fertile, it grows McMansions almost overnight. The are a few farms left, mostly in the upper part of the county. One plus is that the local Grange is still thriving, and the highlight of the year is the Grange fair. They have competitions for everything from best tomato to best Holstein. My wife crochets, and has had some success, and as i was looking through the entry book, I saw they have a catagory for leather goods! I have a purse laying around that some of you might remember(it was returned because her hubby said it was too expensive), So I entered it.You can see the results! I think it would mean something if there had been any other entries though.....

Hopefully I stirred some local interest, and I'll find some others who work with leather around here.

grange2008_010__Medium_.jpg

post-4924-1219242870_thumb.jpg

Congratulations

Congrats!

I can't remember seeing that purse but it looks great!

Tom

That is a beautiful purse top to bottom!

Thank you all. Tom, it seems the original post for this purse was a victim of the crash. It was my first attempt at celtic knots, and a blast to do.Here's the original pics.

Celtic_Purse_005__Medium_.jpg

Celtic_Purse_006__Medium_.jpg

post-4924-1219276534_thumb.jpg

post-4924-1219276564_thumb.jpg

Edited by Timd1159

It's really beautiful and should provide stiff company for any other contributions to that contest ( I know you were the only one).

Good carving! Celtic knots like this is challenging to your skill I think. At first it is ok but after a while it's sooo easy to drift of since it is so repetitive. For me it is like that, dunno bout others.

Tom

Wow!! That's beautiful. And definately deserving of a ribbon. You may have done just the opposite though with stirring interest in your area because they'll NEVER enter anything against you now for sure. Great looking piece.

Thanks ChaChi. I hope that's not the case, I'd like to see others work.