Sign in to follow this  
rccolt45

Holster Cant For Mathophiles

Hi guys,

I am looking for a easy way to measure cant so I can build holster to a specific degree of angle. Mostly for my IWB what I have been doing is using a protractor on my collar templet and darwing a horizontel line I then draw another line at say the 15% mark. On that 15% degree line I put my holster for my t-nut fastners. This seems to work but I am not sure its right. I looked at what Matt Delfatti has on his sight on how to measure cant and its way different from what I do and I don't really understand it. Any help would be much apperciated.

I use the belt line as 'horizontal', drop a perpendicular line from it, and mark the angle through the perpendicular.

1340549652[/url]' post='253900']

I use the belt line as 'horizontal', drop a perpendicular line from it, and mark the angle through the perpendicular.

Ok cool that's what I have been doing too. Thanks

Actually, when I am making a pattern that needs a certain degree cant, . . . I do the exact same thing as TwinOaks, . . .

AND, . . . I slip it just a little bit off to the right hand side of middle on my paper, . . . it becomes the sewing line for the top (sight tunnel) of the weapon.

Those three lines: the horizontal, the perpendicular, and the cant line, . . . are always my first three lines, . . . and when the cant line is established, . . . that is the first line on my new holster pattern. Every thing is measured and/or drawn from that cant line.

That will always properly orient the weapon to the desired cant.

Works every time.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight