Singermania

Pearson #6 Accessories

Hi,

I wonder does anyone have a catalogue or some kind of listing of Pearson extras, I have a number of different feet, guides, plates etc and each has a number, the manual lists a great deal of parts and numbers, however they are in amongst other parts and I have items not listed there. Some parts are fairly obvious as to their purpose, however I'm only a collector and not a saddler or leather worker so other parts are a mystery to me.

I have original British and French no 6 manuals, however do people realise that this machine was manufactured in Germany also (DVSG) ie German Shoe Machinery Company. I have all three machines in my collection, that is to say the British, the French and the German models..... they only differ slightly French United also put out a nice glossy covered price list of needles, threads and belts.... I expect there are many related books, catalogues, price lists etc. Regards Steve

I know that our friend, the cowboy distributor, has a lot of feet and accessories. If you can borrow them from him and make plaster molds then you could get the feet investment cast.

HI Darren, you're right, I'll sneak up on him and see if I can get any bits and pieces..hehe. I now have 3 Pearson no 6 bobbin winders and I've found someone that is going to have a go at casting some new ones. Also from a no 6 table, I hope to make some reproductions. If anyone out there has a rein rounder attachment or any decent drawings or photos I'd like to see them.... there is a line drawing in the manual, but its not enough for me to get a good reproduction going. I'm in the market for any Pearson parts that might be out there, doesn't really matter how grubby or unattractive they might appear. I'm testing an old Blake insole stitcher from about 1878 at present and it will be going off to a new owner shortly, would anyone have or know a link to a manual?

I've attached a photo of the Blake and also a picture of a Koch/Atlas that I've been searching for and finally added to my collection for those interested in old iron.

Regards Stevepost-19343-0-73555800-1364200261_thumb.jpost-19343-0-11817500-1364200358_thumb.p