WillGhormley

Details On Making Russell Crowe's "hand Of God" Rig From "3:10 To Yuma"

Since I was already on the forum today, I figured I'd post a link to a webpage I've started on the details I used making Russell Crowe's "Hand of God" Rig for "3:10 to Yuma". I've had a lot of requests for the pattern, so I've finally gotten around to gettin' it made. But, as I've been puttin' together the pattern, I started a "How-To" page to help folks get the details right when they get around to makin' it. This isn't a complete "How To Make Gun Rigs" webpage. It just covers the specifics of the "Hand of God" Rig that folks might not be familiar with.

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/MakingHOGRig.html

If you have any specific questions about what's on the webpage, drop me an email. willghormley@mchsi.com

Will

HI Will;;

what a great (how to) web page ;;; I send folks to you for patterns ect' now this is there for us also....GREAT JOB thanks for sharing ..

...Doc...

I must say, even though I'm not a holster maker, I'm definitely a fan of fine craftsmanship. As such, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the first two pages of your tutorial, Will. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Best, -Alex

Will, thank you very much for posting this. Excellent work!

Thats great thanks for sharing, very nice page I agree. Great layout and great pics.

Very cool. I like the rust tank. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you Will.

As a fellow cowboy action holster maker and cowboy nut I thank you.

Josh

Josh your just a nut no matter what your doing LOL

and thank you Will i will be buying the pack when it comes out

i just love your patterns and how you make it so easy to do

us rookie leather workers are greatful

Thanks

Cowboy316

Yeah, rookies my.... I'm happy folks are gettin' somethin' out of it.

Will

That's so true Tim, the best nut win lol.

Josh

Hey Will, Thanks for making the Tutorial, And for Sharing your Leather Aging Steps, i tried once and all that came of that was mis-use of black antique stain, it's going to see alot of use from me that's for sure! Thanks!

I let a guy buy my own personal rig off my shoulder about a year ago, . . . and just could not get myself all psyched up for a new one for me.

I just looked at your tutorial, . . . that may have all changed, . . . I think I can see a 3:10 rig in my future.

I have several of your pattern packs, Will, . . . never been disappointed in any of them (other than I can't make what I want to make fast enough to suit me).

May God bless,

Dwight

Hey Guys,

Glad you're enjoyin' the "Hand of God" "How-To". I just finished the third page, dealin' mainly with braidin' the hammer tie-down. Since hammer tie-downs weren't typical to 1800 gunleather, I had to design it so it would hide away during close-ups. So, I braided the string for it so it would be flexible and have some give to it. I attached it on the back-side of the holster so it could be tucked between the holster and the belt for those close-ups. I think I did see it stickin' out in one of the close-ups, but, for the most part, the kept it invisible.

Will

Ouch, that looked like it hurt. Did the same thing with my french edger but to my thumb, let it get out infront of it. I think the darn thing ricocheted off the bone lol.

Edited by MADMAX22

OK, I've posted the last photo on the "Hand of God" "How-To" series. It is a detailed photo of the finished rig.

There ya' go!

Will

Just wanted to say thanks, Will, . . . you are a credit to your craft and your craftsmanship. Not everyone is willing to share as you do, and I for one am very pleased you do.

May God bless,

Dwight

i'm glad to see you got this posted over here Will!

I was gonna link it but havent had a chance to get on here until today!

Good stuff as usual!

DM

Mr. Ghormley, Thank you for sharing your process with us. Very much appreciated. I brought several collections of western movies home from Iraq with me and have been watching them the last few days as I've kind of been under the weather, and 3:10 was one of the last ones I watched. Very inspiring.

dmr400,

Thanks for your kind words, but your service to our country is what is inspiring! I spent 12 years in the Infantry serving my country. While I don't agree with what the government is doin' any more, I still back our soldiers, sailors and airmen, 100%. And, as a grandfather, I will still gladly sacrifice myself, my children, and my grandchildren to defend our nation's Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

On a more cheery note, the HOG Rig pattern will be goin' to the blueprint shop Friday. It should be in the mail next week for all who pre-ordered the pattern.

Will

Small world :) I started in the infantry, but was sentenced to S1 during this deployment. Hooah!

Ouch! That must have been harsh dmr400!

To go from the point of the sword to a Bat Shop. You probably had to eat a bunch of words you had uttered about REMFs. But, I'll bet you have more appreciation for 'em now. What were you doin' at the the S1 Shop? It all greases the wheels of the big machine. And, like most of us, you did what you had to do for your ideals and your mates. Good to have you home!

Will

Edited by WillGhormley

Will,

Just saw this, and thank you, again. Your patterns, and work in general is always top notch.

Marc

Got my pattern today, Will. Looks good! HOpefully gonna start a holster tonite!

DM

Will,

I was the designated "cat herder" for the section. Since I'd worked in recruiting before I was the most experienced junior NCO below the PACSUP with paperwork and administration (we had a pretty green section, none of us had worked personnel before this deployment, including the S1 actual so we learned a lot together!) so I got the big/long term projects and didn't have to work much on the day to day stuff. Finance/Pay issues, Promotions/Reductions, and Awards. We had a reinforced taskforce, 900 or so soldiers so I kept pretty busy smile.gif And you're right...I ate a lot of crow smile.gif Well truth be told, actually closer to a pterodactl in size if not texture smile.gif

Edited by dmr400