Tokarsky

$1 Dremel Burnisher

Got tired of using a hand slicker. Thought to myself what is made of wood, has a burnisher-like groove, and is concentrically constructed? Wooden cabinet pull. Just hammered a useless dremel bit into the pre-drilled hole and in about 30 second I had something that worked like a charm!

2valc84.jpg

Excellent idea. It is always fun to re-use something like that and give it a new life and purpose.

That's a good idea. I went one better. I bought a white plastic circle slicker from Tandy's.

I mounted a 3" bolt thru it, with washers & a lock nut. I put the bolt in my drill press & that way, I can rest the leather on the drill press table & slide it along the burnisher to seal the edges.

Use a little beeswax & my drill press will smooth a 44" belt in a little under 5 minutes for both edges.

That's a good idea. I went one better. I bought a white plastic circle slicker from Tandy's.

I mounted a 3" bolt thru it, with washers & a lock nut. I put the bolt in my drill press & that way, I can rest the leather on the drill press table & slide it along the burnisher to seal the edges.

Use a little beeswax & my drill press will smooth a 44" belt in a little under 5 minutes for both edges.

Oh if only I had a drill press... And a shop full of other tools...

I've got the shop full of tools. Lathes, saws, compressor, you name it. I just don't have a shop big enough to put them all in. :P

Great idea! I'm going to shamelessly copy it and make one for myself. :yes:

That is a good ideal. Made this burnisher for .42 cents. Works great too

Never mind the file was to big to post. Will work on resizing it.

Ok I got it to post

post-48317-0-71786000-1429898013_thumb.j

I used a 3" table leg from lowes. Already had a screw in it that I used in my drill.

You all are awesome!

I was online just about to buy a burnisher for my dremel at $19.99+tax when a link for "$1 Dremel Burnisher" caught my eye (the link brought me to this forum).

I read this post, then unscrewed a wood knob from a dresser, sacrificed one of my many hole punches, which fit perfectly into the hole of the knob, then used Duco Cement to adhere the punch to the knob. Works fabulously in my mini bench press.

I had all the items here at home!

This forum and its wealth of information is priceless!

Got tired of using a hand slicker. Thought to myself what is made of wood, has a burnisher-like groove, and is concentrically constructed? Wooden cabinet pull. Just hammered a useless dremel bit into the pre-drilled hole and in about 30 second I had something that worked like a charm!

2valc84.jpg

Good tip, Thanks. I have some type of wooden knob I sawed off of something in the past. Now I know why I saved it!!

Oh if only I had a drill press... And a shop full of other tools...

I did the same, both with the wooden and plastic slickers from Tandy. I keep two of each...one for dark dye and one for "natural" leather.