Sign in to follow this  
McJeep

How Can I Dress Up Latigo

So I've opted not to mold the tank bra for my bike and to just braid a seam where the compound angles meet. This will let me use nice thick latigo that will stand up better to the elements etc. It will of course get the full basket weave treatment around the edges as well.

My question is how can I dress up the face of the latigo being as I can't tool it? Anybody got some suggestions as to dressy lacing designs etc beyond just doing some buckstich trim on it? Have searched and searched but not getting to the type of info that I'm hoping is here.

Still in the thinking aloud phase here - can ya tell? :)

Chrome or brass spots, conchos, sliver saddle trim, paint a scene, pin striping in the leather by gouging or using a swivel knife, fancy braiding.

Chrome or brass spots, conchos, sliver saddle trim, paint a scene, pin striping in the leather by gouging or using a swivel knife, fancy braiding.

Braiding ideas are what I'm really after I guess

100_2045.JPG

Braiding ideas are what I'm really after I guess

here is a purse i made my girfriend. it has some stars and appliques might get u started

anderson leather does a lot of the same kinda work u might check out there web site

bj

100_2046.JPG

post-13070-126728329439_thumb.jpg

post-13070-126728336188_thumb.jpg

[]there is even a knife i made in the back. with braiding like this there are no limits if you can draw it you can braid it into leather

have fun

100_2047.JPG

post-13070-126728351622_thumb.jpg

[]there is even a knife i made in the back. with braiding like this there are no limits if you can draw it you can braid it into leather

have fun

Now that's exactly the type of braiding that I'm thinking of :) Wonder if there are books / patterns that I can get a hold of. New to the whole leather thing so I can't just intuit how to run the actual lacing to make the braid :0/

Some of that would look dynamite on the tank bra and bib while allowing me to use the latigo for longer life of the piece :):):)

Time to start scribbling line s on paper till I make sense of what goes where to build these type of braids ;0) I'm visualizing just flattening out a round braid to accomplish this?? I imagine getting the start and end of the braid is the tuff part.

Edited by McJeep