ABC3

Weaver Burnishing & Sanding System

For those of you that use this system from Weaver (it's called: Power Edge Slicker )- has anyone found a better supplier, in terms of price, for the sanding sleeves. Vernon charges $7.50 each + shipping & I can find them all day long for $4 but not the right size of 2 1/2" X 4 1/2". I like to support the mfg's but not at almost double the price.

Hi Tom,

You can get them all day long in 2" and 3" but 2.5 is not readily available. You can have whatever size you want made up for you for an order of 500, maybe that is what Weaver did. I guess if you are the only supplier, you can pretty much charge what you want. Two and Threes . 4.5" are shelf orders though, and at about $5 or less. You might want to consider making yours into a 3 inch.

Art

For those of you that use this system from Weaver (it's called: Power Edge Slicker )- has anyone found a better supplier, in terms of price, for the sanding sleeves. Vernon charges $7.50 each + shipping & I can find them all day long for $4 but not the right size of 2 1/2" X 4 1/2". I like to support the mfg's but not at almost double the price.

Art, I can not use 500 but I would be interested in getting afew even if they were 3" long or even 5" long. Can you provide me with a supplier or maybe do you know of some supplier who has a flat sheet with adhesive so you could wrap it around the wheel?

Hi Tom,

Simply take what you have and make a new piece that is 1/2 inch bigger or take the one you have and make it 1/2 inch smaller. It is probably just a piece of rubber that is compressed by two end washers, you can get the parts from McMaster-Carr. If you have ever had a belt hit you when it breaks (always at the seam) you don't want to be glueing them up yourself.

Art

Art, I can not use 500 but I would be interested in getting afew even if they were 3" long or even 5" long. Can you provide me with a supplier or maybe do you know of some supplier who has a flat sheet with adhesive so you could wrap it around the wheel?