I have and old saddle and Id like some help from some experts. This saddle was given to my dad by an old neighbor. He never told much about it and no one really asked. So I started riding it and its the only saddle Ive really ever ridden in, I find it to be very comfortable. Im in need of a new saddle, not that theres anything wrong with this one functionaly, I am learning to rope for use with our cattle operation, and this old saddle doesnt have any back rigging. Anyhow I took it to 2 saddle shops trying to find one like it. It has quite a bit of swell and undercut, and a slick seat. Not a popular combo anymore. So i asked the saddle shops what they could tell me about the saddle as its beautifully engraved with a longhorn steer on each side and flowers everywhere. None could find a makers mark on it anywhere or any kind of numbers. All it says behind the hand hole is DENVER. It has a brass duckbilled horn that looks like it was silver at one time.

It looks alot like this saddle but with longhorn steers engraved on both sides above the stirrups. and theres a strap of leather on the outside of the stirrup.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130919558821&item=130919558821&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

What does everybody think of the saddle i posted on ebay? Like i said im looking for a ranch/roping type saddle, not going to compition rope or anything just catch sick calves and such. id have new fleece put on it and checked out but would it be good enough?

Ill try to get some pics of it tomorrow but does anybody know where to start? The one guy at the saddle shop said it might be a prison saddle? or an apprentice saddle.

On a third note does anybody know where to find a saddle with quite a bit of undercut and a high backed slick seat?

Thanks guys

That is a good mountain saddle. The rear rigging needed on a belly band. It was designed for roping.

On a third note does anybody know where to find a saddle with quite a bit of undercut and a high backed slick seat?

Thanks guys

You should be able to find a custom saddle maker that can make the saddle that you want. One who can work with the treemaker in designing the saddletree.