From the grumpy old guy; this is the first thing I have tossed together in quite a while, but the customer talked me into giving it a go, even after I told him I may have mostly forgotten how to do this sort of work. He had to wait a bit for it, but ended up happy. Mike

post-10670-0-02742600-1401125174_thumb.j

Mike, glad to see you back in the saddle again. You have not lost your touch, I like that one a lot.

Great job, nice to see you back.

Chief

Yessir, . . . good looking work, . . . always like to see something different for the 1911, . . . and that one is one.

May God bless,

Dwight

Great design! I especially like the business end of the 1911 sticking out like that. What is the top piece of lanyard or rattle hanging out? Does that symbolize a rattle snake?

vaalpens, that is the tail-end of a lanyard loop which can prevent accidental discharge when carrying cocked & locked but also will provide security when carried in (a foolish) alternate manner. That end is tugged to tighten the loop over the hammer. The four little wooden beads act a a bit of weight to allow the lanyard to hang vertically along the front of the holster. Mike

Edited by katsass

vaalpens, that is the tail-end of a lanyard loop which can prevent accidental discharge when carrying cocked & locked but also will provide security when carried in (a foolish) alternate manner. That end is tugged to tighten the loop over the hammer. The four little wooden beads act a a bit of weight to allow the lanyard to hang vertically along the front of the holster. Mike

Mike, thanks for the explanation. I have so much to learn about holster design, and there is no better place to learn than this forum.

Beautiful, I love the inlay work

Nicely executed. I also like the inlay work.

I really like the open-toe end of the holster. Don't remember seeing one done like that before. Nice job! Thanks for posting!!

Very nice!

Nice job !!!