Sign in to follow this  
bluesman1951

Dark Leather And Patterns

I have found a gel roller pen that draws a nice white line on dark leather . It does not smear or smudge . Wipes off with a damp cloth. Costs about 1.98 depending on where you are .I have found it in art supply stores ,college book stores ,office supply stores . I have used this for a very long time ,always happy with the results . Now you will never have to draw with a ball point pen on dark leather and hunt for the lines when cutting . Those days are over for good . On the pen barrel it says "Gelly Roll-08 made in Japan . Hope this tip makes life easier and your projects more fun . Bill

post-21599-047515700 1337195940_thumb.jp

I always used a silver sharpie (usually on the back of the leather) but being able to wipe it off sounds pretty nice. Thanks for the tip.

Chalk is a decent non permanent alternative as well.

Another tip is to use a overstich wheel on paper so it make lots of even spaced holes and then put some baby powder in a pour-us cloth and tap on paper then lift up and the talc is on your leather where the holes in paper were . Once you are done a damp cloth removes the talc. Many ways to do things ,I had a problem and this was my solution .I draw enough patterns in a days time to run a pen dry ,so I needed a good solution and this was it .Thanks for your interest and the reply . This leaves a very fine line I dont believe you can get with chalk of any kind ,my cuts are always to the line . Bill

I always used a silver sharpie (usually on the back of the leather) but being able to wipe it off sounds pretty nice. Thanks for the tip.

Chalk is a decent non permanent alternative as well.

Edited by bluesman1951