Sign in to follow this  
41hammer

motorcycle seat assembly

i have been working on a seat for too long and i am determined to break out of my normal style. i am determined to step it up. however i am having the worst time trying to figure out how to assemble the underneath with out any wrinkles. i am following a style i see all the time so i know it is possible. i made an awesome top piece and i want to roll my gusset smooth onto the top of the foam and cross stitch the top to the bottom. however i can't seem to figure out how to make the gusset perfectly smooth on the bottom. the example i enclosed is not my seat but it is the style i am going for.

thanks

tiffany34b.jpg

post-9555-1239210076_thumb.jpg

hello, it may help some of the guys around here if you post a few pics of your own seat front and back so that we can see exactly what you are dealing with. might just get you a few more and quicker responses in the end. good luck and you can do it, James

When you say you are having a hard time figuring how to not get wrinkles on the "underside" do you mean under the pan? the very bottom. The seat you showed looks like a wet formed seat. Wet formed seats have a "top" and "sides" See the tutorials at the top of this forum by Roger and Kevin King. The only way I've seen with no wrinkles is the way David makes his seats with a "top" and Bottom" 2 completely different styles.

If you can't see the underside then a wet formed seat will work just fine.

Scott

just realized that was christians work..

Edited by leathernut