Sign in to follow this  
Chief31794

Tipmann Boss For Sale

I bought this about 3 years ago, it is the aluminum model I think, it sews great, no problems with it, haven't sewn much because I'm old school and every time I think I might use it, I hand sew the item anyway. Just me I guess, thought I was ready for machine stitching, just ain't.

I am asking for $950.00, would like to have it picked up or I'll meet someone half way as long as it's reasonable (200 miles for both of us or so), I'm in South West Georgia. I will ship, buyer to pay actual shipping.

It comes with a roller edge guide, a standard edge guide, a flat bed attachment, a center presser foot plus the original presser foot, 7 bobbins, several needles (shown in the picture), manual, etc.

Thanks,

Chief

post-6362-0-71526300-1398378822_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-57795100-1398378826_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-19444000-1398378830_thumb.jp

Edited by Chief31794

Looks like a deal Chief.....good luck!

Looks like a deal Chief.....good luck!

Thanks,

Its mostly taking up room in the shop. I think I priced it to sell.

Chief

Good morning Chief, I just noticed the Tippman and am kinda in the same situation as you are. I hand stitch all my holsters with 9 strand waxed cord and like the way it looks. Here's the ...but.....I have been thinking about a Tippman as of late. My only hesitation is that many comments have been made about how the bottom side of the stitch looks a bit "undone" or maybe a better word could be found. They say the top looks wonderful, but the bottom not as much so. Have you found this to be true??? I may be interested in the machine. I am located just above the Ga. line from Blairsville so the trip wouldn't be to bad at all. Thanks. Semper-fi Mike

Good morning Chief, I just noticed the Tippman and am kinda in the same situation as you are. I hand stitch all my holsters with 9 strand waxed cord and like the way it looks. Here's the ...but.....I have been thinking about a Tippman as of late. My only hesitation is that many comments have been made about how the bottom side of the stitch looks a bit "undone" or maybe a better word could be found. They say the top looks wonderful, but the bottom not as much so. Have you found this to be true??? I may be interested in the machine. I am located just above the Ga. line from Blairsville so the trip wouldn't be to bad at all. Thanks. Semper-fi Mike

Marine MP,

First, thanks for your service. The back side is not as "Pretty" as the front, but it isn't bad either, it can be bad if you have the presser foot tension to high. You can put cloth tape over the plate and that plus proper pressure does away with the marks. It is a Needle Feed Walking Foot and even the more expensive ones that are needle feed only have a tendency to be finicky about getting the back side to look perfect. It will never be hand stitching, but as I said it looks really good and professional when done correctly. There is a guy coming this morning to look at it, he makes knives and provides a leather sheath with them, I bought a knife from him several years ago, beautiful work, he makes a bunch of sheaths at a time so I think the machine will aid his shop efficiency. Hope that helps, if he doesn't get it and you're interested, I'll be in Atlanta the week of May 6-9, and could bring it with me.

Chief (That's an Army Chief not a Navy Chief, although there's nothing wrong with Navy Chiefs I just ain't one.)

Chief, Thanks for the kind words and thank you for your service also. I'm sorry that you have to be in Hotlanta at all, (lol) but keep me in the loop if the perspective buyer decides to back out. Thanks again. Semper-fi MIke

JFYI

(USMC 1974-1977, USAR Retired 2005)

This item has sold.

Thanks everyone for the interest.

Chief