Johanna

FAQ of leatherworker.net

Welcome to leatherworker.net's forums! To help you get the most out of your time here, the following may be helpful:

Click "My Controls" at the top of the page to fill out your profile info and set your email preferences. Clicking your name of the top left of the board (next to "log out") will show you your profile, and recent topics you have posted to, as well as your friends, latest visitors and comments left by them. Tip: if you have a website, add the link to your profile and/or signature.

So that the main board remains family friendly, there is a hidden "adult area" on this site that you must request to see. Some adult area settings were lost during the crash, so if you used to have access there, and don't see it, send me a PM, too, and I'll get it back on for you. There are three sections; tattoo flash art, adult items (whips, paddles, cuffs etc) and I think I have warned everybody- the jokes in the adult humor forum are baaaad. Send me (Johanna) a PM if you want the NSFW area visible while you are logged in.

The Marketplace is run by Art, and if you have something to sell, that's a good place to post. It's like an online classifieds for leather people. If you want to run steady advertisements there (more than 20 a year), talk to Art about some additional benefits that can be available to you. Take a look at the posted rules to make your ads more effective.

Leatherworker.net is dedicated to education, entertainment and fellowship for leatherworkers. All monies donated to the site are used to pay site expenses. If you see an inappropriate post, use the "report to a moderator" button or PM someone green for help. Please be patient, everyone here is a volunteer. If one poster grates on your nerves, click on his profile, then "ignore" and you will never see content from that member while logged in. This board is full of extra features, so take the time to explore all your options. You can't break anything we can't help you fix. There is more help available by clicking "Help" at the top right side of the page, or using the "Contact" next to it. Post more questions on Suggestions and Feedback.

What makes this site so much fun is the participation and contributions from members. We are adding archived content every day, and plan to integrate video technology with this site. (It's easier to watch someone walk a beveler than to try to explain it!) The goal here is to make rich leatherworking content available for the whole world, and learn from each other much like a leather guild. Leatherworker.net is not an International Federation of Leather Guild member, whose members are currently the only recognized guilds whose members are allowed in their annual competitions. If you are interested in finding out more about leather guilds, click here.

Another guild to check out is PSLAC, Puget Sound Area Leather Artisans Co-op. PSLAC (peeze-lak) accepts members from all over the world, and publishes interesting monthly newsletters. They have an online archive of leatherworking treasures for their members, and membership with them also earns discounts with some of the popular vendors.

For leatherworkers, there are two magazines published of special interest. One is "Shop Talk", for an emphasis on our business, and the other is the Leathercrafters and Saddlers Journal, with a focus on the art part. Tell them you heard about their magazines here!

We hope you are enjoying yourself. Get a cup of coffee, kick off your shoes and relax with friends. We do not recommend the doughnuts, but the cookies are fine. (Ever wonder why ClayB's dog has sugar kisses?) Thanks for reading all of this.

Johanna

All monies donated to the site are used to pay site expenses.

Anyone interested in donating can click on My Controls and then Purchase Paid Subscriptions under Options (in the left-hand sidebar). There are several levels of support, so please check it out if you find Leatherworker.net to be a valuable resource worth supporting.

Once you contribute, your profile will list you as a Contributing Member and your profile text will be blue. ^_^

Edited by abn